Hey everyone.

Ok so I decided to get a Fender Fat Strat (mexi). Now I've been told that it's a good idea to swap the pickups out of it, but if I was to do this, I wouldn' do it straight away, because it would feel like wasting the old pickups.

So do you think that I should swap the pickups as soon as I get it? Or will the stock ones be good enough?

Also, If I was to swap the pickups out straight away, would it make more sense to get the deluxe, which comes with 2 tex mex single coils and a tex mex humbucker?

Is there any other difference between the standard and Deluxe apart from the pickups? And what would you suggest?
Don't swap straight away, give them a go for a while and then decide.

And what amp are you using? If you're using a crappy one, replacing that would give you better tone than just replacing the pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
The deluxe has a nice shiny finished neck Plus its made in america but I don't think the mexicans do that bad of a job myself..

Like you said, the electronics and hardware are better quality on the deluxe.. and you probably get some snazzy scratchplate... so yeah.

The mex one is decent and the pickups aren't that bad.

Anyways, why is the choices between the mex and the deluxe? What about the american one? The USA series are cheaper than the deluxe but top-notch quality.
Be wary of someone who goes on about pickups all the time...
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
On GAK site the Deluxe is £439.... the American is £629 :S
I was mainly asking because I've heard alot about pickup swapping on fender strats, and I just wondered if it would make more sense to get one which already had good pickups. But I'll get the standard I think.
Get this best guitar you can afford, if you get a good quality guitar, made from proper wood with good hardware you should'nt need to worry about pickups, remember the majority of your tone comes from your amp, fingers etc.
Whats your maximum budget Kidd?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
I've had my Standard Mexi Strat for more than 2 years now, and I love the pickups on it (stock ones) and the amp is more important than new pickups.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30