I'm looking for a new guitar with a fast neck, good body and floating bridge. Pickups need to be HH or HSH formation but it doesn't matter what they are as I'll swap them out for a dimebucker in the bridge and a SD 59' in the neck.

Looking to spend £300-400

Suggestions?
ESP LTD EX-400
Ibanez S520EX w/ Swineshead Venom + Condor
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Telecaster Blackout w/ DM Tone Zone + SD 59'
Peavey XXX 60w
I tried a jackson.. not sure which model. It was super strat shaped and was about £300 but the build quality was shocking! Not sure if that was an over-priced budget model or what.. but I like the high end jacksons (but sadly they're over my price range!)
yeah some of them are kinda sloppy but find a good one, they beat the crap out of Ibanez for the most part.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I've been doing a bit of research on my lunch break.. and the DK2 looks pretty good. It comes with a SD JB in the bridge too which is great.

With ibanez's there's the Ibanez S520EX or Ibanez RGT42DX that i wanna try.
Any others? I'm going a few guitar shops tomorrow.. so I'll try them all out
Out of interest why do you think this pickup combination you specified as a replacement will give you the tone you desire?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Because I've got a 59' in the neck on one of my other guitars.. and i've played a Dean Dime-o-flame which has the Dimebucker in the bridge and loved it.

p.s. If i like the DK2 i'd probably leave the JB in the bridge and not bother with a Dimebucker.
But thats in different guitars.
Are you sure the tone was down to the pickups?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Pups and amps play 40 percent of the tones..........
wood and build are only 10 %

The rest 50.................. well, that's in your fingers !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Well my ESP is mahogany with EMGs and the Dime-o-flame is mahogany too.. It was definitely the pickup producing the tone.

Give one a try and you'll see. It's powerful for rhythm playing but absolutely screams when you do pinch harmonics or bends. I've never heard anything like it! I thought harmonics sounded great with EMGs but compared to the Dimebucker they're pants.
Ummm..... them Dimebuckers actually................... PIE^&*(^&*CES Of SH1T$%^&*&^%ZORZZ

They're mushy all the time, I never really digged Dime's tone, and he wasn't even using a Dimebucker.......

I tried one in a cranked AC-30, it sounded kinda sucky, but when I tried it next to an EMG, it even sucked more !!!!!!!!
Believe me !!

Oh yeah, I dig Dime's playin he's next to Van Halen and Metallica in the metal guitarist timeline........

Van Halen -------- Kirk & James ----- Dime ---------- Mark Tremonti----------- incumbent ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I've tried it with my amp and it sounded incredible. Better than my explorer with EMGs.. but that's just my opinion.
erm the ibanez 520ex seems like a prettyd ecent guitar for the money, ZR trem, mahogany body, nice neck, only got 22 frets.....but im pretty sure you can live without the two extra? but from what i've heard, the pickups tend to lack a bit so a change of pickups might be in order.....................
Quote by Guitargod12345
Don't buy a guitar with a floating bridge for metal

Quote by Guitargod12345
Get a guitar with a Floyd Rose locking tremelo system

A floyd rose is a floating tremelo....................
Bill Lawrance 450XL, the humbucker that dime actually used.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
washburn X40.

schaller trem, and it comes with a 59 in the neck already.

http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/x/x40.aspx
get them new for 640 USD.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
1) don't get a dimebucker, it's shit.

2) since you're in england, don't even look near duncans, they're so overpriced it'd be hilarious if so many people didn't fall for it.

3) the washburn x40 pro might be worth a look, though- it comes stock with a duncan distortion and 59. www.machinehead.co.uk

4) or an ibanez s470, retrofitted with swineshead pickups, or an ibanez rg1570, ditto swinesheads- but that's liable to land you at least £50 over budget.

I'd go with the rg1570, but it's £450 or so, without the (pretty necessary) pickup swap.

what amp do you have, too? EDIT: i see you have a xxx, that'll do, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm going trying the s520ex today.. and the Jackson DK2.

The S520 is a bargain for £389. If I like that i'll swap the pickups out for the dimebucker+59 combo that I mentioned earlier.

With the Jackson DK2 i'd leave the SD JB and 2 SD single coils in because the JB would be my second choice after the dime.

Is there any bareknuckle's that have the same kinda tone as the dimebucker? I live in england so bareknuckles are CHEAP
Quote by bluespunkmetal

Van Halen -------- Kirk & James ----- Dime ---------- Mark Tremonti----------- incumbent ??

Sorry to backtrack and go a little off subject but putting Mark Tremonti in that time line is massivley offensive. To rank him with the rest in the time line is madness. Ive seen him live and watched tons of his solo's and his playin is cold and sterile. Dogs**t. IMO

Anyway back to subject, forget the Jackson, go for an Ibanez. Until you get into silly money Ibanez destroy Jackson in the quality stakes.
Quote by p2fyre
I'm going trying the s520ex today.. and the Jackson DK2.

The S520 is a bargain for £389. If I like that i'll swap the pickups out for the dimebucker+59 combo that I mentioned earlier.

With the Jackson DK2 i'd leave the SD JB and 2 SD single coils in because the JB would be my second choice after the dime.

Is there any bareknuckle's that have the same kinda tone as the dimebucker? I live in england so bareknuckles are CHEAP

well, bareknuckles don't sound as crap as a dimebucker, so that's pretty hard. I'd say the miracle man, though.

for the neck, either go with a calibrated miracle man, or a cold sweat (for more shred), or maybe a mule if you want a more vintage tone.

though if you do want to go for BKP's, head over to their forum and ask there... www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?