Paul McCartney. He didn't bring anything new or special to bass, and he's ranked top 10 on alot of lists. He's a geat mucisian, but he's a Ringo in Bass.
Cliff Burton.

Talentless, Musicless, horrible bass sound, and hmm after he died metallica became a much better band musically.

Just kidding of course I would have to say umm IDK
your kidding about that hole post right? cause i believe metallica fell apart after he died... i only like the metallica before the black album....

i dont think this guy is overrated or whatever but that mark hoppus guy didnt seem to through that much into blink 182? Does that make him overrated?
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
not really...you have to be careful when you consider a good bass player. wooten owns flea in terms of chops and stuff. but its no contest if you talk about influencing people through music and using very simple lines that still sound unique....i respect wooten a lot, but the thing is sometimes he has a sort of shredder approach to songs...
who are you to wave your finger......
Quote by aarach
btw, how do i pop?

Simplest way to explain, just pull the string off a bit and let go so that you get a pop sound. You can do it with any of your fingers but in most cases it's done with the index or middle.
Here's a video showing popping:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pyg1Zfci67A
Quote by StevieRamone
Paul McCartney. He didn't bring anything new or special to bass, and he's ranked top 10 on alot of lists. He's a geat mucisian, but he's a Ringo in Bass.

To say McCartney is overrated on bass is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard. You know nothing, and i refuse to even engage with you. Yeah Yeah, i know it's your opinion, but it's a stupid one. When you ask your hero's who their heros were, they say McCartney.
Haha, i think all of those 'good' punk rock bassist's from the 80's are all overated, they only played on the E-string, sometimes one note lol.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
All Shredders overrated and solo bassists.
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by Applehead
To say McCartney is overrated on bass is one of the most stupid things i have ever heard. You know nothing, and i refuse to even engage with you. Yeah Yeah, i know it's your opinion, but it's a stupid one. When you ask your hero's who their heros were, they say McCartney.

+1
Quote by rockstar_jones
your kidding about that hole post right? cause i believe metallica fell apart after he died... i only like the metallica before the black album....

i dont think this guy is overrated or whatever but that mark hoppus guy didnt seem to through that much into blink 182? Does that make him overrated?

yeah throw not throught i hate hoppus too. Never liked him
FLEA he is soo overrated. so are the RHCPs
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!