This should be the Electric Guitar forum, not GG&A. I don't know if it's good for you, what kinda music do you play, what's your price range, and what's your experience with electric guitars?
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
OK, this guitar will not be good for metal. For RHCP... yes, it might be alright, seeing as it's roughly based around the Fender Toranado and Jazzmaster guitars (among others), both of which John has used at various points. BUT basically what you wanna do is go and try one out. If you can't find a Cyclone to try out, try a Mustang if you can find one of those, or a Jaguar or Jazzmaster. A Mustang will be most similar in feel, but the pickups and the selector switch are like more like what you get on a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
actually john frusciante never really played the jazzmaster or toronado, he denied ever playing them but that he just used them in videos cause the director told him to. he strictly plays vintage guitars