What's a good pedal which is close to mesa boogie kinda distortion. Like the rectifier kind.
Quote by Half_Full
[IMG]http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/5971/uselessko5.gif[/IMG]

My Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard plus -honeyburst with Duncan Jb/59
-Crate gt65
-Boss ME-50
Future gear:
-Vox AC30 cc2
There's that big Mesa pedal, that'll probably be close.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
that's a bit of an arm and leg buy though, as far as i remember they're no longer in production and ebay is the place to get em.

mesa type distortion should be available in your me50?
Marty
erm not a great deal is close to mesa type distortion, you could try and get your hands on a used V-twin pedal off ebay but it is generally quite hard to match high end amps with modelling tools/pedals
You are best off trying to get your hands on a Mesa. Pedals will get you the same style of distortion, but if they made true Mesa tone in a pedal, people wouldn't buy mesas.
Quote by Guitargod12345
Boss MT-2 Metal zone pedal

Nice sarc comment, at least i hope its sarcy!!

Cant be too sure round these here parts.
Quote by Guitargod12345

If you're serious, I'll kill you.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Guitargod12345

Hahaha, good one.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Guitargod12345

I recently fell captive to the "Boss MT-2 is the best". I bought it to try it out... and thank god for Guitar Center's 30 day return policy. It sucked so bad I had to destroy my brain with a giraffe cart.
Hmm.....well, if you'll settle for something close, a Rocktron Silver Dragon would be a good pedal. If you want to get a little closer, but spend a little more, a Tonebone Classic would sound great.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Mesa's V-Twin really won't give you the high gain Mesa sound like I'm sure you are looking to get. Great pedal and pretty expensive, but don't expect it to make it sound like you're playing a Road King or any Rectifier.

About Boss' Metal Zone, my signature on Petrucci's forum is actually a comment made from a guy on this site that enjoys his Metal Zone:

"Originally Posted by metalguitarist7778
Metal Zone is the most metal sound u can get, period, Mesa doesnt even compair."

Kinda sad...

I bought this one pedal a while ago that was pretty impressive for a high gain pedal - Zoom Tri Metal. It's an older pedal by them, not easy to find and it's not one of their cheap/crappy plastic pedals. See if you can find one, they usually go for at least $70+.
ya i +2 for the silver Dragon but in all reality your best bet if you like the tone is to get a Mesa
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join