Quote by striker327
hey guys just wondering wat adjusting the inotation does

Simply put, it makes sure your guitar is in tune not only on the open string, but also on say... the 5th, 12th, 14th and 23th fret.
23th fret?

Yeah, if you're intonation is out, when youre guitar is in tune on the open strings it still may be out further up the neck. It's easy enough to adjust so its worth making sure its right.
is there a method to go through to check if its out? ( i have never changed the inotation on my guitar since i got it early this year )
Last edited by striker327 at Sep 13, 2006,
Hook ur guitar to a tuner. Play an open string. Play the 12th fret on the same string. If the two notes shows exactly the same on the tuner, then ur intonation is ok.
well put it this way i do the harmonic on the 12th fret then fret the 12th fret and they sound the same and if it sounds the same to me then it will to the audience
ok i got it as best as i could on the inotation some of the strings are a little off on the tuner and cant go anymore back back but when i play the notes by ear it seems fine
Quote by Y00p
Simply put, it makes sure your guitar is in tune not only on the open string, but also on say... the 5th, 12th, 14th and 23th fret.

can the string be out of tune before the ocatve but be in tune at the octave