Hey, I changed my string today, and made all the action adjustments needed to get it the proper height, but my problem is, you have to get every string in tune before you tighten the locking nuts, I cannot get every string in tune, when I get the low E and A string in the all the others go out of tune, i'm pretty sure this has somthing to do with the floating tremolo. Or do you think it's with the new strings?

All help would be great, thanks.
Floating bridges are like that. Get two strings in tune, lock it. Tune the next string, and check the previous strings if they went out of tune. Repeat the process one string at a time. Once its locked adjust the tuning at the bridge.
Quote by winkybear
Floating bridges are like that. Get two strings in tune, lock it. Tune the next string, and check the previous strings if they went out of tune. Repeat the process one string at a time. Once its locked adjust the tuning at the bridge.

You dont tune Floyd Rose type of trem like that. You'd need to tune every strings before you lock the nut. Here's a simple step that you could follow.

Tuning Floyd Rose:
1) Loosen the locking nut
2) Set your fine tuners to middle position
3) Tune up your guitar to standard or whichever tunings u wish. "Cross-tuning" between strings if you want easier. Tune the low E string> A string> low E string again> D string> low E string>A string... and so forth. Keep repeating for all strings. To make it more easier, tune the low E generally a bit sharper or about half step sharper, so that you might not have to repeat crossing the strings again and again.
4) If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa, until the bridge is parallel to the body.
5) Be patient
6) If you're happy with your tunings and your bridge is well centered, lock in the nut
7) Tune again using the fine tuners

Also some tips - You might want to have at least 3 springs and after following the tuning method above, tighten the 2 claw's screw for about 1/8th or 1/4th more. This is to prevent your floating bridge from getting stuck to the knife edges on the posts (action studs) after you bend notes. You can ignore this if your bridge/trem is reliable (e.g. Edge Pro, Edge, ZR, Lo-Pro Edge, Original Floyd Rose, Licensed Floyd Rose by Kahler/Schaller/Gotoh). But still you may face this problem even if your bridge is very good.

Stretch the strings first if they're new

More info on tuning floyd roses - http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html
Info on changing strings - http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/features/steal_this_video_re-stringing_guitar.html
Picture guide on how to perform the #4 step mentioned above - http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/floydrosetremolo.htm
http://www.jemsite.com/tech/1setup.htm#step1

------------------------------------------ madpickin03®------------------------------------------
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Thanks, but I have already tried getting two strings in tune and locking them, but they still go out of tune. Am I the only one who thinks this is a major pain in the ass?
Quote by Mcassidy42
Thanks, but I have already tried getting two strings in tune and locking them, but they still go out of tune. Am I the only one who thinks this is a major pain in the ass?

Sigh, cant you read properly, that aint how you tune the system, read again.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
But what if the tremolo is not level to the guitar, and if you try to lower it the action gets to low and makes a really bad buzzing noise? By the way Madpickin, thanks for the help, I think the problem is I need to stretch the strings, because they are new.
Quote by madpickin03
Sigh, cant you read properly, that aint how you tune the system, read again.

Sorry, I was posting the comment before you posted yours
You can read thru everything about leveling the trem -> restringing one on that tutorial i gave. And if buzzing occur, you just simply adjust the action and check the neck relief. What gauge are you using now and what's ur previous gauge?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
The factory strings were 9Gauge, the manual said to get 9 Gauge strings, so thats what I got.
There shouldnt be any problem with your action whatsoever. Just tune it like normal, you'll be fine.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Alright, I understand the floating tremolo thanks to that guide, thanks a lot man.