First thing, on my Ibanez SA260FM I'm getting a lot of fretbuzz, so I know raising the action is the solution, but can I do it myself (having never done it before, obviously) or do I need to bring it to be set up? I don't wanna mess anything up as the guitar is fairly new

Also, as I mentioned in another post, I took the strap off my guitar the other day as it was getting in the way, as I'm recovering from surgery, so I can't play standing up for a while
Anyway, the point is that I took out the screws that hold the pegs in, and now they wont go back in for some reason

Any help is appreciated
Thanks
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
Yes of course you can adjust your action by yourself. Just simply twist this allen screw labeled (A). Works just like normal screw principal, left to loosen it (increase the action) and vice-versa.

As for the strap screw, do not force it in, you might risk ruining the wooden thread inside. Do it slowly by finding the correct position of them.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
and whats B in the diagram? Can I use a screwdriver? I don't have an allen key at the moment
And is raising the action guaranteed to get rid of the fretbuzz?
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

B is for adjusting the intonation, no you cant use screwdriver to adjust your action, it'll ruin the allen head. As for the buzz, it might also be caused by improper neck relief.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
B is to change the length of your strings for intonation you dont want to touch that stuff, and yes you will need an allen key for A, but you should have got one with the guitar that fits
ok I'll see if I can find an allen key, but what exactly is "improper neck relief"
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

That has something to do with your truss rod.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah i was just reading about that, I'm not gonna go near that, but I'll see to changing the action later on...

Thanks
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

^what does that mean, "check the nut and the truss rod?"
did u even read the thread?

and TS, did u ever get the first screw in all the way? it really will just take more elbow power. u need to dig those two screws back into the wood where they came.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011