I traded in one of my beloved axes over the weekend Click here for something a little different than I'm used to playing.
Although I've played semi hollow guitars before, this has such a nice feel, finish and tone that I had to have one of these Bacchus I've know Chris Dipinto for some time now (does all my setup and repair work) but never owned any of his guitars. Boy what a mistake that was. The one I have is the sunburst with block inlays and honestly, I cant put it down. Its a shame its only a 20 fret guitar or I'd play it alot more. Its great for smokin rhythm playing.
Just an FYI for those guys looking for something a little bit different than a Strat or Les Paul or something in the 500-1000 range.
He's a great guy and little side note is that he made all the guitars for the Live 8 concerts in July 2005.
http://www.dipintoguitars.com/guitars_main.html

Man, those are some ugly guitars (for the most part). I don't doubt they could be good guitars that play and sound great, but man, it would be hard for me to be seen in public with one of those...

The Bacchus is actually nice. Not my style, but at least it's esthetically pleasing. Those other ones though... well.... NOT!
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Those solid bodies look like something from the Danelectro throwaway idea pile.
Hi, I'm Peter
i reckon demea has some major shares in that company.
c'mon demea you can tell us
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
i reckon demea has some major shares in that company.
c'mon demea you can tell us

Only shares I have are one guitar and about 50 setups Nothing wrong with promoting a local guy if you like his product. Besides, how many freakin "are Gibsons good?" threads can you read for Christs sake. And to the guy who responded, "UM, Ok"...read all the threads on the first three pages. Its the same old recycled BS. I figured I would get a new conversation going, about something other than Fender or Gibson
only breakin your balls man i like dipinto they seem cool. i heard about em about 18months ago,they are juuuuust out of my price range tho.....pity.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Lots of ugly guitars, but a few nice ones in their collection.

And that one you bought looks nice, glad you like it.
But that '70's Strat was gorgeous!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
They have a couple interesting one there...

But I don't see how this is an alternative to corporate guitars.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by R_H_C_P
Lots of ugly guitars, but a few nice ones in their collection.

And that one you bought looks nice, glad you like it.
But that '70's Strat was gorgeous!

Yeah, it was...but if you dont like playing it whats the use of keeping it. It had a neck break and repair back in the early 80's, though. It wasnt mint, but it was nice. Very Frusciante. Had an HS-3 in the bridge, too. I mainly play the fat Gibson necks and couldnt get used to the toothpick profile of the strat. I've owned strats before, but this was extra thin, man. Yeah, there are definitely some ugly duckilings in his collection, but I sat down with him (Chris) on Saturday afternoon
and I played almost all of the guitars in his store. The Belvedere is smokin' but I didnt want the (genuine) Bigsby. The Hellion is awesome. Ebony fingerboard, great pickups...just not what I was looking for right now. The Bacchus fit my hands perfectly and I finally got to play it live last night through my rig and its really dark. Nice dark, though. Feedback is a big problem with any sort of gain coming through your amp (even with the block placed in the body). Really resonates...you can feel it against your body vibrating. Pretty cool.
Hey, for a Korean made, no name pickups or tuners, I've never been happier with a guitar purchase.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
A real alternative to corperate guitars is making your own

Haha...right on. Thats what he did!!!!
Quote by StaggHound
They have a couple interesting one there...

But I don't see how this is an alternative to corporate guitars.

Its an alternative because they are different than the big name, big money guitars that lately have a subpar fit and finish. I love Gibsons and Fenders, but for the money, these Korean made guitars are an excellent value. Chris DiPinto designs them all himself and built them (in the early days). Plus, I guarantee you wont see anyone else playing these at your school talent show.
(except if your talent show has Jack White, Rick Nielson, Los Straightjackets or Dick Dale playing .)
But you're still buying into the corporate guitar ideal.

You pay money for your guitar, and a chunk of change from that goes for the name. it just so happens that the name isn't Gibson or Fender.

Quote by StaggHound
But you're still buying into the corporate guitar ideal.

You pay money for your guitar, and a chunk of change from that goes for the name. it just so happens that the name isn't Gibson or Fender.

I'm not quite sure I understand your theory. How else are you going to buy a guitar? I realize I'm a pretty handsome fellow, but the guy at the guitar store requires cash (or credit will do). How much do yo really think it costs to make a LP Standard? 300, 400? Yes, about 1/2 of the 2200.00 you lump down on that beauty goes to the Gibson name, which is pretty lame, but hey thats the idea of a business, to make money. A boutique name like DiPinto, (I say boutique only for the small scope of his product line in relation to retailers), is a third of the big "corporate guitar" flagships and the quality, tone and playability are all there. See what I'm saying? Not to mention they look crazy (unlike the big 2 flagships)...which is an alternative to the Strat/Tele/Les Paul shapes and finishes. Whew.
Any product you buy, no mater how anti establishment you are, has some corporation behind it. No getting around that.
It's an alternative to the big corporate guitars, insofar as it involves spending oyur money on a non Fender/Gibson/Ibanez/etc. guitar.

But it's not an alternative to corporate guitars period, which is what you said.

eww thats a guitar?
j/k
those are the most beautiful inlays ive ever seen
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules