What sre some classical sounding chords? Maybe they're simple chords with a twist on them or something, I don't know.

And what would be a good key to play in?

The only example I can think of right now is Tenacious D. In some of their songs.
Gear:
Black Ibanez RG170
Line 6 Spider II 112
Genius Mind
I'm not an expert on classical guitar but the classical pieces I play don't really have chords in them that you strum, you just pluck a three or four strings and get a chord that way.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
There's nothing special about classical chords.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
...classical rock? Classical, like baroque or something? What exactly do you mean?
There aren't individual chords that sound classical, it's about the chord progression. If you use the harmonic minor diatonic system or the minor diatonic system, you can come up with some chord progressions that sound very classical.

The diatonic system that I'm referring to is the Roman numerals that you use to analyze a chord progression. The harmonic minor diatonic system would look like this:

i - ii(dim) - bIII+ - iv - V - bVI - v - ii(dim)

If it was the key of C, those chords would be:

Cm / Ddim / Eb+ / Fm / G / Ab / Bdim
Last edited by GuitarGod610 at Sep 13, 2006,
Yeh nothing special. Extended/flattend 5th, 6th/ect. chords weren't used until the late 19th century in Dixieland.
Quote by GuitarGod610
There aren't individual chords that sound classical, it's about the chord progression. If you use the harmonic minor diatonic system or the minor diatonic system, you can come up with some chord progressions that sound very classical.

The diatonic system that I'm referring to is the Roman numerals that you use to analyze a chord progression. The harmonic minor diatonic system would look like this:

i - ii(dim) - bIII+ - iv - V - bVI - v - ii(dim)

If it was the key of C, those chords would be:

Cm / Ddim / Eb+ / Fm / G / Ab / Bdim

Right.... only one thing, why did you label the vi and vii chords as v and ii?
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
There we go

Just about the only thing I could think of was harmonic minor.... of course its application isn't so easy, but it's not like this kid can learn classic composition technique from a guitar forum (until Cor gets here, anyway.)
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
this is the proggresion in steve morse's Tumeni Notes

Am - E7 - Am - G - F - D7 - D#dim - E7

this is an example of classical sounding chord progression.
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]