ok im not sure if this is exactly meant to be here but id thought id ask for general blues fans for their feelings on this.

its a cover of little wing a blues song

three guitarists joe satriani, vai, and malmsteen

personally apart from the ending i think they do an ok job and look like they feel something

apart from malmsteen , which i cant actually understand what the hell he is doing?
he really is sh1t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKiI8d2jzU8

i know its not blues, but for parts they do try, apart from mr i think im god
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
I seen this before, it's facking terrible.

The best cover of Hendrix i've seen is Gary Moore playing Red House.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
i didnt mean to say it was exactly great, but i kind of respect vai and satch a bit more now tht for at least half the song they "tried" to stick to what it was
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Satch' part is by far the best of these three, the other two just try to play as fast as they can.
Oh and also, as allways:
What Malmsteen needs 1000 notes to express, David Gilmour can say with 10
satch = god

vai = very good, but extremely showy

malmsteen = feces

These equations can be applied to any example of their playing, in concert or studio.
Malmsteen just ruins that song, but the others put q a lot of emotion into it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I liked it but Malmesteen needs smacked.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
I didn't mind the Malmsteen at all, actually. Although Vai's non-stop hammer-on/pull-off bit was well executed, I didn't like it that much.

In general though, I don't really like going beyond two choruses of the solo section.... kind of quote Hendrix for a chorus, then do your own thing, then end it. I know that these guys have to share lead among three players, but I've seen bands with one player do 6, 7, 8 choruses... gets to be overkill at that point.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Stop Messin'

yea that was a pretty sweet version.

and for this video, the only solo i liked was from the guy in the black hat(name?). it actually gave me chills at one part.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Sep 13, 2006,
^ That was Satch. I think he had the most interesting note choices out of the three.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Stop Messin'

Ever heard Buddy Guy do it? Jeff Beck and Robin Trower did a pretty damn decent cover of "Manic Depression."
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
Ever heard Buddy Guy do it? Jeff Beck and Robin Trower did a pretty damn decent cover of "Manic Depression."

I saw a clip of it on the DVD Lightning in a Bottle. Is there a recording of it?

I know that he plays Voodoo Child at his shows and that would be awesome to see.

Phish - Waste
I most definately want to hear Buddy do VooDoo Child.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Quote by IrishBlues
I saw a clip of it on the DVD Lightning in a Bottle. Is there a recording of it?

I know that he plays Voodoo Child at his shows and that would be awesome to see.

I believe both the Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck covers are on an album called Stone Free
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Quote by ufossuck
I believe both the Buddy Guy and Jeff Beck covers are on an album called Stone Free

Thanks Im gonna have to get that.

Phish - Waste
What happened to capturing the true emotion to the song?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
muh it was ok i hate shredders but the middle guy seemed to have a soul i gave up watching it and just played the real version
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by spiritinthesky9
the middle guy seemed to have a soul

What are the other two? Demons?
Quote by srvman
personally apart from the ending i think they do an ok job and look like they feel something

apart from malmsteen , which i cant actually understand what the hell he is doing?
he really is sh1t

If I have to say this again...

Looking like you feel something is irrelevant. Hendrix looked like he felt something, but I find little emotion in his version of the song. Eric Johnson barely moves when he plays, but his playing influences my emotions more than anybodies.

Just because you can't understand what he's doing doesn't mean he's ****. Yngwie goes well over the top live, which is what he does in this video. He's perfectly capable of mellow jams and beautiful composition, but Yngwie is there to please the most loyal of his fans, and thats what they want from him. It's called good business sense.

Quote by Soul Power
What happened to capturing the true emotion to the song?

What makes you think you know what the "true emotion" to Little Wing is any better than they do?

Quote by Gustaf
What Malmsteen needs 1000 notes to express, David Gilmour can say with 10

Or maybe it's what Yngwie chooses to express in 1000 notes, Gilmour chooses to express in 10.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
it wasnt all that bad. i now respect vai and the other guy(cant remeber his name) a lot more because they actually put some soul into it. malmsteen just messed it all up with his constant 1000 note-per-second playing.
Quote by j_hunter_hkr
This is my favourite Little Wing cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEu0Aa5cZW0

Monte Montgomery is amazing. He never lacks emotion in this video.

I have the audio to that on my iPod but have never seen the video. So thank you so much for posting that. And your right it is amazing.

Phish - Waste
the first part of that isn't little wing, its just him jamming, which is pretty kick ass
seen it before and its terrible
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by Lost_Rose
seen it before and its terrible

Which one are you talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31QQ1gNpAaY&mode=related&search=

Thats the one I have.

Phish - Waste
Thats G3 Live in Denver I believe. I borrowed it from a friend a little while back. Great dvd. But if you guys havent realized, they put their own swing on things. If they made it sound exactly like Hendrix then you would have been bitching about that. Those are three talented guitarists (Malmsteem sucks balls). So ya, if you get the chance, watch the whole thing and youll be amazed. Cheers.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by ufossuck

Another of a long list of fakes. Jeff and Robin never played together. Jeff Beck and Seal did Manic Depression in 1993. Jeff again with John Fruiscante (sp?) and others did it at the Meltdown 2005 Festival.
stone free is a great album. hendrix worshippers won't be impressed but you gotta love seal and beck on manic depression, buddy guys red house and ice t doing hey joe. he he.
its... interesting
Blackstar HT 5
George Dennis Spitfire 2x10
LTD GL 200M
Agile Ghost III
Warmoth SSS Tele with Floyd Rose
Ibanez Artcore AM73
I <3 Arcade Fire, Rainbow, Dungen, Muse, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Kate Bush etc.
ROCK OPERA!!
UG Rock Opera tracks
I hadn't heard of Montgomery before, to the two people who posted vids of him.
« »
Quote by Burpin'Worm
I hadn't heard of Montgomery before, to the two people who posted vids of him.

Yeah hes pretty awesome.

Phish - Waste
yeah hes a great golfer too.

its a joke