heya i havent been playing guitar long but i was wanting to try finger-picking and i want to know any you can suggest, i want some that are easy but sound effective and beautiful. thanks
All you touch and all you see is all you life will ever be

Rest in peace syd barrett
Come on you stranger, you legend you martyer and shine
Stairway to Heaven is a good one, but it's just about all arpeggios. The one I started fingerpicking with was Dust in the Wind. A basic picking pattern, but very effective.
Alot of Zeppelins acoustic stuff is finger picking.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Stairway would be a good start. Just don't play anywhere outside of your bedroom.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
The Widow by The Mars Volta. It's somewhat repetitive but its easy to start fingerpicking on.
The best for who?

"To Live Is To Die" by Metallica is a good one.

"Under The Bridge" by Chili Peppers is fundamental.

A note on Under the Bridge: I believe it is capoed to the 2nd fret, making the song in the key of D when the chord shapes are born of the key of C. So where you might see the tab and think:

------
3---3-
--2--2
-4-4-- ..
5----- ...etc...
------

...you may wonder "how the hell do I do that?"

Well, it's a regular old C chord, just two frets higher.

It's seems really tough at first, but it's a fairly basic fingerpicker. From there on out you will find that most fingerstyle songs involve some variation of that basic form - just some chords will be fretted higher or have some extra add-ons and such.

Work on something like that for a while, then when you've got it the whole world of fingerpicing should open up to you. Of course classical and flamenco are a whole different ballgame, but you should be okay for rock in just a couple of weeks.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."