suggestions?
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
I hear the Schecter 007 or Damien 7 are the definite way to go.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Schecter blackjack series or the hellraiser series..the damien series are pretty much 'entry level' guitars.
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
the ibanez k7!!!!

trust me you want it. i dont own one but ive played it before and it produces godlike distortion with monstrous depths
If you have the bank, I would get the Ibanez UV77 universe. shecter are cool too if you like active pickups but playability wise i would go with ibanez UVs or a high end shecter.

the pickups in the UV are Dimarzio Blaze humbuckers, they are powerful, but they lack the output of lets say an evolution or EMG 81.

Me, personally, I would slap a evolution 7 in the neck, keep the blaze singlecoil and get a nice jucy Dimarzio Super distortion 7 in the bridge. you got a monster right there!

stay away from the K7 though.....
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
why stay away from the K7? it seems like a good guitar...

I've heard good things about schecter, and they seem to have a wider range of seven strings to me...
they are good for Korn stuff, but thats about it. if you try doing any vai type stuff you'll have a hard time and the pickups are kind of low powered compared to a evo or EMG or whatever.

not to mention that U bar thing.....

i mean it's cool if your into korn type stuff but the UVs are much better quallity for about the same price and it looks sweet.

not to mention it's the exact same one vai plays. pickups and all, it just a standard UV.

if your lucky, you might be able to get one of the funky 80's ones on ebay for a few hundred (i've seen them from $800 to about $2,000)
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
if you got about 1400, go carvin. 1400 will get you what you want, possibly have some money left over.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
why would you have a hard time with vai stuf on the K7? the neck is supposed to be similar to the UV...
oh yeah, they are right i forgot about carvin for a second there.

yeah, go with the UV or get a carvin 7 string - i heard the tony Mc Calpine ones are amazing.

you could even get a custom one made for you if you have the cash.

http://www.carvin.com
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
why would you have a hard time with vai stuf on the K7? the neck is supposed to be similar to the UV...

it's just not a vai type guitar. it's like playing eruption on an acoustic.... it's just not right.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard
Quote by stonyman65
it's just not a vai type guitar. it's like playing eruption on an acoustic.... it's just not right.

K7 is essentially a mahogany UV with two pickups and no tone control. It's perfectly usable for Vai type music, even with the PAFs. Sure, it won't replicate Vai's tone, but there's nothing about K7 that makes it un-shreddable. But it also works perfectly as a straight-out metal tool.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Schecter C-7. If you want to do a lot of Vai stuff, get a floyd rose with it.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
schecter damien for only 400.
the only low end ibanez is ****ty youd have to spend around 6-700 for a good ibanez 7 string.
the schecter is good if your on a budget if not then definitely go universe or K7
Quote by GizmoKaKa
My face resembles a buttocks.

Quote by guitar?
I used to hold down my dog and piss on it. I don't have a dog anymore.
i dunno... im liking the k7.. all you have to do is listen to Falling Away From Me(Korn) and you know how that guitar is AMAZING

that high end intro is well balanced and crystal clear, then immediatly dives down into mosterously heavy lows

but im on a budget so im fellin a Hellraiser

thanks
My Gear:
Carvin DC400C
Schecter Damien Elite 7 string
Boss Metalzone
Laney GH120 Head
Rhino 4x12 Celestion
-OG-UG'ER-
Put this in your sig if you've been a member over half a decade!
Ibanez Universe ftw
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
If you dont mind a thicker neck and no tremolo, go schecter. hellraisers and blackjacks are the best.
If youre a shredder, try an Ibanez rg7620 (discontinued but about 300 on ebay) or any of the new ones.
The sevenstring.org forums have a lot of good info too
Click here to make a difference

Quote by StreetHawk
someone once asked me if i liked pink floyd's cover of korn's 'another brick in the wall'. so i beat the living sh*t out of him.
i have a ibanez k-7 and oo7 blackjack from schecter....the ibanez was good at the time..but compared to a schecter guitar...it seems like a toy...the pickups are really weak on ibanez. and it doesnt sound great at all...good to play...but the schecter seems to piss over it..schecter is cheaper to. stay away from the k7 at least. my favourite 7 strings are the schecters. cheap.set up weel. over all...sex.
Equipment:

Schecter 007 BlackJack
schecter c7 hellraiser
ibanez k7
Krank Revolution one stack
Tech 21 Trademark 30
Digitech Whammy Pedal
tech 21 killer wail
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
I'm looking for a 7string for Vai, Korn, Staind, etc type ****

pretty much a balls-to-the-wall metal 7 string

im thinking about the Ibanez RG7/AX7 or a Schecter 007