What do you guys think is Jeff Beck and Allan Holdsworth's most complex songs/solos?
Dunno why you grouped these two together like this...

But I'd say Scatterbrain is one of Beck's most complex songs. Well at least thats the first one that comes to mind. But pretty much anything off Blow by Blow or Wired could also go here..
Useless in some opions but if he wants a challenge and has fun with it. I'd say everything from beck cause he has a very different guitar approach then alot of guitarplayers. Holdworth same deal. You need to get their techniques down before trying any of their songs really.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
^has anyone told you that a Cmaj7add9 would simply be called Cmaj9?
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by flamencogod
I don't think so... you wouldn't play the major 7th...

Night_Lights is right. And it actually has been pointed out before, lol.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
And he got pissed off about it
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
lol i've been told but a Cmaj9 wouldn't always have the 7th in and i mean it as in a sweep you sweep a maj7th and a D-note tap. But this is off topic

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
lol i've been told but a Cmaj9 wouldn't always have the 7th in and i mean it as in a sweep you sweep a maj7th and a D-note tap. But this is off topic

... But a Cmaj9 without the 7th would be a Cmajadd9, not a Cmaj7add9
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
That's right but on guitar You can't play a Full on thirteenth chord but you don't name all the alteration's in the chord name if they are not played do you?

As in a C13 Chord you usually leave out 5th or root if bass play's it or any alteration that doesn't affect the chord if other instruments cover it up but it's stil called a C13 then isn't it?

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
, you're not digging yourself out of this one

And actually, you CAN play a "full on" 13th chord

Click.
FFS people it's not that big of a deal. Just let it go. >_>
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Quote by apocalypse13
FFS people it's not that big of a deal. Just let it go. >_>

Correct's correct.

Click.
Yeah, but it's not a big deal.

Who cares if he's wrong on some theory that means nothing in his title?

Sheesh....
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by apocalypse13
Yeah, but it's not a big deal.

Who cares if he's wrong on some theory that means nothing in his title?

Sheesh....

Well, you, apparently... Noone's making a big deal, so stop making it a big deal!

Click.
ok????

lol
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

lol that's what I said it's off topic but if he wants to argue about it I don't mind

But how can you play a Full on 13th chord on a standard guitar and no cheating like simultaenously playing

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Cheating like simultaneous playing?

Click.
yeah I mean you know what I mean you tell me a way how the chord is played and no sneaky ways or trick like doubleneck guitars or something.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I'm sorry, all that needs done is a little bit of 2 handed chordage on a 7 string.

Or, rather sneakily, hit a semi-harmonic to grab the root and 5th (or, if you're man enough, any realistic chord tone at all - including 3rds in just intonation ) and just finger the rest of the chord on a 6 string. Not too tricky.

And to be honest, this thread is bollox. Harmonically, technically, melodically, structurally or rhythmically complex? Which forms of complexity have the highest weighting? What about live versions with extended improv? Or studio instruments that couldnt be used live? Etc etc etc etc...
Yeah that's what i said first get some of his techniques etc. down before even trying one of their songs

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??