I have a fender guitar and i wanted to put a Gibson dirty fingers humbucker on it so i could have some distortion. I just wanted to know if the dirty fingers only works on other gibson guitars.
It should go fine in your guitar

Though you might be able to get a better pickup than that, I hear they can get muddy with a lot of distortion. What type of music do you play? and how much are you willing to spend? We might be able to reccomend you a better pickup
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Well i just started to play about 5 months ago so i play any blink182 songs (because their easy) and i would spend $100 - $200
a fender frontman 15g

P.S. Well in going to sleep
Last edited by drip at Sep 13, 2006,
Hmm... I think you are better off saving up for a decent amp. Even though the "punk" mentality is to not give a damn about what you play through, you should at least strive to sound good. A dirty fingers (very muddy) pickup through a frontman wouldn't sound very nice at all.

Have a look at Traynor amps. They have Fender-ish cleans, so you can have your lite-overdrive punk covered, and the lead channel is very cool. Check the first link for clips.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV40-Custom-Valve-Combo-Amp?sku=480959

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-YCV20-Custom-Valve-Combo-with-12-Celestion?sku=480958

For you, I'd go for the YCV20.

You can also look for a used Peavey Classic 30.

If you aren't ready for tubes, there are plenty of good solid states and hybrids (Vox Valvetronix and the Roland Cube series).

Bottom line:
A good guitar will sound bad through a poor amp, and a poor guitar will sound nice through a good amp.
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at Sep 13, 2006,
Learn to play a little better before you really start worrying about sound. Also save up for a new amp rather then replacing pickups and such
wow 5 months and you can only play blink 182 songs. ive only been playing for 4 months and im already playen iron maiden songs and black sabbath. u need to practice more.
The fender frontman 15w doesn't sound too bad if you keep the gain lower and raise the volume, some nice cleans out of it through a strat I really don't advise getting another amp unless you need to for gigging/rehearsals. A 15w for home use is more than enough. Its better to work with your gear you have to get a sound you like than blank it and just buy an expensive new mesa/marshall.
Quote by jezjr48
wow 5 months and you can only play blink 182 songs. ive only been playing for 4 months and im already playen iron maiden songs and black sabbath. u need to practice more.

Congrates on being able to play easy metal. And by being able to play the song it includes the solo not use the intro
Quote by jezjr48

It's all relative. Why even post something like that? Can you them play in time? Cleanly? The whole songs and not just the intros? Really? Post clips. No? Okay then, either help or shut it. "u" need to realize that it's not a competition. Even if it was, I bet Drip would more than likely tear you a new one with his Blink songs.
Quote by Acoustic#3
It's all relative. Why even post something like that? Can you them play in time? Cleanly? The whole songs and not just the intros? Really? Post clips. No? Okay then, either help or shut it. "u" need to realize that it's not a competition. Even if it was, I bet Drip would more than likely tear you a new one with his Blink songs.

Well said my man
Quote by jezjr48

That stuff is easy.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by madmk
I really don't advise getting another amp unless you need to for gigging/rehearsals. A 15w for home use is more than enough. Its better to work with your gear you have to get a sound you like than blank it and just buy an expensive new mesa/marshall.

I disagree. Not everyone who picks up an instrument is going to be playing out. Music is a personal thing and, if anyone is serious enough, they should at least strive for a good sound that they can be pleased with. I agree that a person should work with what they have, but the Traynor and Peavey amps I pointed out are superb sounding budget amps, so if drip is interested, he can save up for a pretty decent middle ground. His musical ear will improve and so will his incentive to play.

I also agree with sticking to 15w for home use; the YCV20 I linked is 15w.

To Maddy:
the traynors dont do metal without a pedal imo and i tried the 20w and the blue one. Go ahead and get a used Triumph, XXX, or 5150 if you need good but cheap tube metal tones. Or a crate blue voodoo, look at the Epiphone So-Cal 50 watt head and the Ashdown Fallen

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-60-DSP-Head-?sku=485045

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-So-Cal-50-Watt-Amp-Head?sku=480289

Heres what Im saving for
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/VHT-G100UL-Pittbull-UltraLead-Head?sku=480400
^The threadstarter plays blink-182, not Iron Maiden/Sabbath...

EDIT: CustomCustom, do you know how much a used Pittbull combo goes for?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Sep 13, 2006,