i love the black keys.they have such a unique sound. these guys live a couple streets away from me and they made their albums either in their basement or in this cool old rubber factory.
Quote by wilty00
Twist and Shout makes me violent.
good stuff
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
dude, it seems like everyone practically knows these guys personally. "oh yeah i know them. i tried to convince them to let me play bass for them" was the last guys response. lol. they must get around.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
Saw them live and it was awsome BUT..rubber factory was not impressive in my tastes. The first two albums wer amazing. Have both in vinyl, yes VINYL!! Anyone have the newest album out yesterday??? Is it any good??
The newest album is amazing. The vocals are a lot more clear this time around, which may or may not float your boat ( I like them either way) - and they sound a lot like the early era Free on this album because of this which again may or may not float your boat, but it certainly floats mine. They show picture of their "studio" in the sleevenotes and it looks like someones utility shed or workshop with sinks splattered with old paint etc. Very raw looking which must be an influence on the sound.

I think Auerbach is a great guitarist too. I don't know how technically gifted he is (as I'm not a theorist) but his riffs are to die for and he has AMAZING tone. The picture sleeves show him playing what looks like a Riviera with mini humbuckers. I'm also a fan of the drummer, Patrick Carney who is also very unique.
They are an excellent band. The more I hear from them, the more I like them. I'll be picking up the new album in a couple of weeks or so.
Feel loved: Click here!

Joint President of The White Stripes club! PM Me or Jack_White455 to join this great club!

Ecky thump!
Got the new one through today but haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, quite looking forward to it though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by greggybhoy

I think Auerbach is a great guitarist too. I don't know how technically gifted he is (as I'm not a theorist) but his riffs are to die for .

yeah, the dude is definiltey a riffmaster.
"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'."
- John Lennon
I love these guys. They make awsome bluesy simple music and they represent Northeast Ohio.

Quote by Habukkuk
dude, it seems like everyone practically knows these guys personally. "oh yeah i know them. i tried to convince them to let me play bass for them" was the last guys response. lol. they must get around.

O yeah Pat Carny (the drummer) once came to my house to watch a movie with me on prom night becuase i was sick. Wat a great guy. And then he preformed an emergency open heart surgery on my grandma. Swell guy.
without these guys slash wouldnt have picked up a guitar, these guys are his inspiration.
pointless and none of you care but true
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
wow i just heard them on connan o'brien and these guys are amazing. what song did they play on the show?
Love the black keys

Although magic potion wasnt as good as there earlier stuff.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Quote by Zlatko_BiH
wow i just heard them on connan o'brien and these guys are amazing. what song did they play on the show?

they played your touch off their new album magic potion
Quote by wilty00
Twist and Shout makes me violent.
Yea. It's kind of like how waay back in the day everyone told me "Nirvana is the best band ever!" Then I would reply "You really should listen to the band Failure. Best thing out of Seattle. (at the time)" Or when I hear about kickass indie acts I mentioned Minus the Bear and am given looks of "who?"

Same thing happens now when people talk about the White Stripes being awesome for a 2-person act. The Black Keys are immediately the first that come to mind; I've managed 5 converts so far.

Btw, the above wasn't a jab at WS or Nirvana. It's just, IMO, I've heard better duos and alternative grunge act, so it suprises me when they get marketed.
"My hope still is to leave the world a little bit better for my having been here." Jim Henson

Godin LG P90 (Electric), Taylor 512 CE Short Scale and Takamine Jasmine (Acoustics), Cordoba CWE-S (Classical), Guitar Hero Controller (Awesome)
Quote by icatchdinosaurs
they played your touch off their new album magic potion

thank you very much
only 2 people, thats why it didn't sound right. damn thats preety good for just axe and drums. not a big fan of them. but kudos for playing in austin, can't wait untill i'm 18 to travel and play in bars and shit. for now though we just need to record a demo lol.
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Quote by srvman
without these guys slash wouldnt have picked up a guitar, these guys are his inspiration.
pointless and none of you care but true

What are you talking about? The drummer of the band was only 7 when Slash recorded Appetite for Destruction!
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
The grooviest band since the rolling stones. I could get lost in their grooves for hours. The way the guitar and drums weave and work together is unreal.
Quote by master
The grooviest band since the rolling stones. I could get lost in their grooves for hours. The way the guitar and drums weave and work together is unreal.

Thats the word I use to describe them to anyone, groovy

Patrick Carney is one of my favorite drummers.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^ I use yummy. I'm pretty mad at myself for not seeing them play in San Fransisco, I didn't want to spend money on the ticket and gas money/BART but I definitely regret staying home now.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...