I've been playing for a little more than a year now, and I really want to get a 5 stringed and I don't really need.. the best bass ever made so...

I have tried a 5 stringed and I liked the feel of it... But I don't know anything about the quality and if it's good for the music I play.. I play stuff from like Kiss-Iron Maiden-Cradle Of Filth.. would this bass work for that?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SR305DX-5String-Bass-Electric-Guitar?sku=519580

Or what bass would you reccomend? I can't get a bass that costs 3948593 millions
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
Washburn xb series man. Only five string i've ever liked. Or stringray 5. Wasn't too unhappy with those.
Quote by Lost Hippie
Washburn xb series man. Only five string i've ever liked. Or stringray 5. Wasn't too unhappy with those.

Do you mean this bass?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-XB925-5String-Bass?sku=515238

That's a bit too expensive, I meant this as a christmas gift so it can't be too expensive and I'm not in a band or anything right now either so....
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
warick make nice 5 string basses
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Beating the elderly is a big favourite of mine. Also, pushing kids over and kicking pregnant women in the womb is fun.

Right now we're called 'Various Artists' just to fuck over people with iPods
Buy a G&L
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
I've seen that washburn cheaper. Forget where oh. Could you get it for a gift if you go half and half. I do that with my parents sometimes. Wouldn't really work oh with my parents they'd give me 100 tops.
go with the 405 over the 305, im getting a 406 soon, its discontinued.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by BroDD
Do you mean this bass?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-XB925-5String-Bass?sku=515238

That's a bit too expensive, I meant this as a christmas gift so it can't be too expensive and I'm not in a band or anything right now either so....

i just bought one for 630 dollars.

however, if you dont want one that fancy, fo with the force 5 or T25, both by washburn. both are great, i personally would get the force 5.

wont be over 600 bucks if im not mistaken
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!