I'm looking for a new head and cab, but i have a question.

How do i know if the head will work with the cab? I know that it has something to do with wattage or Ohms or something, but I'm new to stacks, being as my only amp so far has been a SS Fender practice amp. Thanks in advance.
<Han> I love Hitler
the ohms need to match up.

if you look at the spec for the cab, it should tell you its impedance, in ohms.

then you check the spec for the amp head, and check that its output can be set to that impedance.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ no problem!

oh, and if you're using two cabs (of the same impedance, that's important), the impedance at the amp is halved. something like that. it should explain that in the manual.

assuming you're only using one cab, though, you just need the impedance of the cab to match the head.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by HaKattack
I'm looking for a new head and cab, but i have a question.

How do i know if the head will work with the cab? I know that it has something to do with wattage or Ohms or something, but I'm new to stacks, being as my only amp so far has been a SS Fender practice amp. Thanks in advance.

well the cab you get doesnt really matter becasue any decent head will adjust (viz a switch on the back to select 4,8,16 ohms.) all you do is flick the switch to whatever the cab is. and there you go they are now compatable.