ok a serious job here for someone willing to do it for me.
i have a strat copy that im modifying etc. etc.
anyway im gonna do away with the middle pup and in the bridge and neck ill get some lace sensors (single coil (kinda)).
ok the wiring i want is as follows:

-3 way fender style switch to switch pickups (bridge,both and neck)

-a 2 way toggle for phase switching

-a 2 way toggle for series/parallel switching

-a Rhythm/Lead 2 way toggle i.e. a master vol pot and master tone pot that are in the circuit while the switch is up at rhythm and when flicked down to lead it will bypass the pots as if the pickup is "running at 10". i dont want this to work like a jazzmaster circuit i.e only with the neck pup, i want the switch to work regardless of other switch positions.

if any of the above is unclear i can explain it further!!

another pain in the ass for whoever will do this is that i cant follow schematics so can you do the wiring diagram in a drawing format.

THANKS A MILLION!!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

www.seymourduncan.com have great drawing on wireing, check it out.

BTW, ur from ireland, where abouts, coz i wanna jam with someone!!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
im rubbish with this stuff so i just need a complete whizz kid to make a diagram with it all on it.that site has some bits but it would overlap with the other diagrams and it would be a horrible mess!
im from Tipperary town! UP TIPP (my balls!)
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

UP TIPP!!! Im livin in north tipp boi! I can try find a schem for ya so. Would you be interested in getting together to jam?
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
cheers im already in a band at the minute sorry bout that.anyway this is driftin off topic so you can PM me if ya want!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Hmmmmmm.. *opens MS Paint*

GO ON YOU LEGEND!!!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Oookay, so... I've drawn two.

The first one is an easier way, with the DPDT series/parellel toggle. It puts both pickups in series ONLY when the selector switch is in the bridge position, this is the "Jimmy Page" way. The downside is if the selector switch is in the neck position, your guitar will go dead, and theres no way around it, unless you can find a 3pdt toggle. Which brings me to the second diagram..

It's a little more complicated and it has a 3PDT series/parallel toggle. I haven't seen this done by anyone else, it's how I like to do it. It has no downsides really. Both pickups in series regardless of the selector's position.

Anyways, here they are..

Diagram 1

Diagram 2
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 13, 2006,
mighty good thanks a million!!
the pup selector is 3way yeah?
in diagram 2: the series/parallel and phase switch works only when pup selector is in the middle yeah?? (thats the way id like it)

if you answered yes to the above you are indeed a legend, thanks!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

First question, yes.
Second, no. If you flick it, it's put both pickups in series straight away, regardless of the selectors position. Hmmm.
These go to eleven...
i guess thats ok actually cos itll boost output si its a pseudo solo switch.
but surely flicking the phase switch does not automatically put both pups on and out-of-phase??

so if i wire up that i shoul get the following:
-neck pup
-bridge pup
-both pups parallel inphase
-both pups parallel outofphase
-both pups series inphase
-both pups series outofphase
-AND a Rhythm/Lead for a preset vol. and tone or full output (this doubles the above sounds)

thats 12 sounds right.did i miss any???
SUPER
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Yeah that's reet. If you'd like only the middle position to be affected by the series parellel switch. I can try and work it out for you.

Edit:

Diagram 3

Series/parallel switch only effects the middle position. Same wiring as used on the American Deluxe Telecasters.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 14, 2006,
are you sure thats all right then?
thats perfect thanks a million!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

forgot to ask one thing.ok i walk into the shop and what switches do i ask for for this wiring and what switch is used for what??
sorry to keep hassling you but youve been great help.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

All 3 are the same... Double pole, Double throw, on/on mini toggles. I'm happy to help.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 14, 2006,
I see you're not sure on the pickups yet. When you decide what you wanna get, tell me which ones, and change some wire colors for you.
These go to eleven...
ummm are you planning on switching 4 switches while playing live just to switch from say for example, the "neck rhythm" setting to something like the "both, parallel, out of phase, lead" setting... seems excessive to me but hey...thats just me, im just trying to point out how "clumsy" that many switches can be

personally i'd find which settings you like the most then wire them so that your favorite settings are on a 5way switch or a mega switch. the pot bypass is a good switch to have but the phasing and circuit style switches can be internal. the wiring wont be simple, obviously its a lot more complicating but it saves you the trouble of flicking all those switches when you could be playing your guitar.
Last edited by mutated_riff at Sep 15, 2006,
That's do-able, with a 5-way "superswitch". Something like..
1. neck
2. neck and bridge series
3. neck and bridge parallel
4. neck and bridge series OOP
5. bridge

You'd lose one option. Whatever you want really.
These go to eleven...
id personally prefer it the way i said.
anyhow im gettin a Red Lace Sensor for the bridge and most likely a Blue for the neck.
iv read reviews and people say they dont sound much great with 250k pots,a bit dark, and that people should get 500k pots.
i like a mental fuzz tone and want this guitar to work well with modulation effects.
do you think i should change the pots to 500k or would it possibly make it too bright and not suitable enough for my needs?

also Lace sensors arent coil tappable are they?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

yep ahve bought both red and blue lace pups?

is the diagram ok as it is then?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

hey jimplaysguitar just need confirmation from you please!!
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
...Which brings me to the second diagram..

It's a little more complicated and it has a 3PDT series/parallel toggle. I haven't seen this done by anyone else, it's how I like to do it. It has no downsides really. Both pickups in series regardless of the selector's position.

is that the best a Legend can do?

it's not bad, but............

a GuitarNut could do that with a DPDT.

you'd know that if you came home once in a while.
Well I Then came up with diagram number three. Series/parallel that only affects the middle position on the selector. Which is great, in my eyes. Anyway, who are you?
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Well I Then came up with diagram number three. Series/parallel that only affects the middle position on the selector. Which is great, in my eyes. Anyway, who are you?

you're absolutely right it is. what i meant was the version that put the pickup in parallel regardless of the the selector. yours requires a 3PDT. . you only need a DPDT.

who am i ? just someone you knew

i think you're doing some good shiznit over here son, but ya oughta visit us back at home too,

post something with the NutZ, and i'll tell you who i am. if it takes a stunt like this to get you to post something at home more than once a year, i'm not above that.
Jim, will that digram work with regular single coils with just the hot and the ground?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
Jim, will that digram work with regular single coils with just the hot and the ground?
Yeah

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
you're absolutely right it is. what i meant was the version that put the pickup in parallel regardless of the the selector. yours requires a 3PDT. . you only need a DPDT.

who am i ? just someone you knew

i think you're doing some good shiznit over here son, but ya oughta visit us back at home too,

post something with the NutZ, and i'll tell you who i am. if it takes a stunt like this to get you to post something at home more than once a year, i'm not above that.
Ha, I knew who you were before I asked. I was just making sure. The Nuts page has loaded up for me maybe five times since I disappeared. Most of the time, I try and it doesn't load at all. Maybe there's something I need to fix. I believe I was registered here before I joined Nuts anyway. We shouldn't talk about this here, we might get warnings. I think we're Okay as long as we don't post actual links.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Feb 2, 2007,
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Yeah

Ha, I knew who you were before I asked. I was just making sure. The Nuts page has loaded up for me maybe five times since I disappeared. Most of the time, I try and it doesn't load at all. Maybe there's something I need to fix. I believe I was registered here before I joined Nuts anyway. We shouldn't talk about this here, we might get warnings. I think we're Okay as long as we don't post actual links.

ya gotta get that fixed. there some new schematics over there that you just gotta see.

so, yer telling me that this is home, and you were just a spy over there?

yeah right, warnings. i've seen some of the behaviour over here, and you guys make the NutZ look like a bunch of schoolgirls.

i see your Y-mail is the same, so i'll send you some bytes.

you can byte me too (sometimes i'm just too funny for my own good.)

L8r Bud.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Feb 2, 2007,