From Blabbermouth -
According to MTV.com, former SOUNDGARDEN guitarist Kim Thayil has contributed guitar work to a collaboration between American drone kings SUNN O))) and Japanese sludge masters BORIS. Thayil, who appears on the song "Blood Swamp", also wrote the liner notes for the album, which comes out October 31 and is called "Altar". A vinyl-only version includes the bonus track "Her Lips Were Wet With Venom", which features EARTH frontman Dylan Carlson. Other guests include Joe Preston (HIGH ON FIRE, EARTH, MELVINS), Steve Moore (EARTH) and Jesse Sykes, and other songs include "Etna", "N.L.T." and "Akuma No Kuma".

Should be interesting.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
It's not a split as such, rather the guys from Boris and SunnO))) wrote and recorded the songs together, with the other musicians (Kim, Dylan, etc) making guest appearances.
I think.

Quote by StuartR
I thought this was already well known. Maybe BM is just late as usual.

Actualy its been on there for a few days, just I didn't see anything about it here so I thought I'd mention it.

Oh ok.

Boris have made some stuff like Sunn before, I'm not too familiar with their other stuff but Amplifier Worship is really like Sunn.
Been lookin foward to this for a while now, sounds so awesome. First I heard of Thayil being on it though.

They totally stole that idea from the Melvins and Lustmord on Pigs Of The Roman Empire.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
We-ird
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Quote by StuartR
I thought this was already well known. Maybe BM is just late as usual.

+1

No, its not like a split, its more a collaboration, ie Sun Baked Snow Cave, which was Boris with Merzbow. Greg has said that Dylan Carlson will be on one of the tracks as well...which isn't available on the leaked version, but will be available on the 2xcd version & the 3xLP version.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Boris is the sh1t.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
my is sunnO))) pronounced

EDIT: i meant how
Last edited by im_hungry at Sep 14, 2006,
^????

I just listened to the leaked version, it's good although I can't seem to pinpoint where Kim Thayill plays.
Quote by AcidBath443

They totally stole that idea from the Melvins and Lustmord on Pigs Of The Roman Empire.

Well known as the world's premier split album
"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" ~ Frank Zappa
Everyone's going gaga over Sunn O))) and Boris. Am I the only one intrigued by the fact that Kim Thayil will be involved?
Quote by Scourge441
Everyone's going gaga over Sunn O))) and Boris. Am I the only one intrigued by the fact that Kim Thayil will be involved?

You're not the only one, that was what interested me in the first place. I've always hoped Kim would do something like this, to really expand on the sludgeyness of Soundgarden songs like Mailman and Slaves and Bulldozers.

The album has leaked!!!! (Altar)

anyone heard it?
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]