im planning on getting either a jeff beck lace sensor for the bridge position of a strat project and a blue lace sensor for the neck.
are these any good?

also does anyone know anything about these if they are out of phase or in series,basically any tonal nuances if they are wired this way?

why are lace sensors so cheap on ebay usa??

thanks
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

just naturally stop working??
i dont disrespect my stuff so i wont be exposing them to anything harsh.

still bad reliability??
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

oh i also wanted to know if they work especially well with effects i.e. chorus delay extreme sounds etc.?
i just get the impression from the technology they would.......
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

anyone?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by buzz
anyone?

There's a bunch of reviews at the Musicians Friend site. As a general rule, to lose the hum on single-coils, you have to sacrifice some tone.

I'm looking at the ISP Decimator (Noise gate pedal). It's only $125, and will cover BOTH of my Strats vs. $150+ just to cherry-out one Strat with new pups.
Currently co-designing a powerful, analog Eq-Amp-Sim. with www.dreamtonefx.com. (PM me for details rather than Dreamtone please.)
Yeah theyre good, no hum.

Depends what you want. What musical style? Thats the big question.

Seymour Duncan and Dimarzio is for harder stuff. Fender isn't very rough but its got nicer cleans.

Look up a lot of stuff. Dont just limit yourself to Lace
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Powerhouse strat with 3 lace sensors
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
i just think they would be good for fuzzed heavily effected experimental music.
would i be correct?

im thinkin a blue lace for the neck not a vintage single coil sounding gold.does the blue sound good in the neck or middle position??

something along the lines of queens of the stone age music (i know josh uses DiMarzio 'buckers in case any1 says somethin!!)

hum doesn't bother me what so ever i just want somethin different. i already can get a 'classic rock' sound from my other guitar,its a strat with texas specials in it.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

They aren't for heavy music.....at all..

They're used by Billy Corgan, Buddy Guy, and Clapton...

Look up a seymour duncan hot rails if you're doing heavy stuff. (its good for rock, hard rock and even metal) its their highest output pickup (for the bridge).

The Blue lace is a smoother pickup with nice cleans...its a neck pickup but once again i would look for somthing else.

Look at Dimarzio pickups. (They may make single coil versions of their humbuckers too). Maybe get a set of EMGs. i dunno it depends what you want

EDIT: if you want a lighter classic rock tone (nothing really heavy) then look at the 69 strat pickups or the Vintage Noiseless (beware! the noiseless have a very low output). Both are a more vintage sound. The 69 may be better rounded in terms of cleans and distortion. Both are made by Fender.
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
Last edited by JET116 at Sep 14, 2006,
JET116 i should have made this clearer but i dont need a 'tight' sound from the pickup.
also the sound i get from a neck texas special singlecoil through a fuzz pedal is 'pretty ok' for the sounds i mentioned in my other posts.

i cant imagine a blue lace handling that tone worse than a slightly overwound true singlecoil.

do you agree or have i made things more clear.you seem to know more than me about this stuff but hopefully you now understand tonally where i wanna go.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

^I've got some...they're very good for at what they do.

Even though I love them, they don't have the Strat "quack" that I love so much, so I'm selling them(/shameless advertisment...buy my pickups!). They're good for higher gain stuff, they're very tight and defined sounding, with good grittyness to them. They just don't sound "Strattish" enough for me.

/shameless advertising
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by tocs100
There's a bunch of reviews at the Musicians Friend site. As a general rule, to lose the hum on single-coils, you have to sacrifice some tone.

Doesn't seem to be the case for Dimarzio Area '58/'61s.
^ill swap ya 3 squier singles for ONE gold sensor. now THATS a deal you cant turn down.

golds are hardly much good for my purposes tho right?
they are the lowest output lace pickup.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Im not sure what you meant when you posted to me.

If you need output for heavier stuff (which very well may be the case) then go with Seymour Duncan or Dimarzio

If you need cleans (which i dont think is what you really need) then go for Fender

Yeah as said above, Golds are good but not what you need
GEAR:

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube 112

Guitars:
Martin D16-GT

Pedals:
DD20
Crybaby Classic
Pro Co Rat 2
Phase 90
i have a 90s strat with them,theyre really bright and twangy,even more than a regular single coil so i dunno if you want extreame twang go ahead