so my stepmom took the liberty of deleting my xp profile today. i did system restore on it, but for some reason it won't put my music files back on. anyone know how i can get them back? i've tried multiple resource points, and none of them have my music file.

another thing is, she keeps changing my password. how do i make my password unchangable? i'm an administrator, but so is my dads account (the one she uses). i need to make like my entire account undeletable/unruinable/unf*ckupable/bitch proof.
i heart my 1963 epiphone olympic II.
y is she doing this ?
did you do something or is she just a a bitch?
FREE-FORM METAL
Wtf does your Dad think of this man?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
System restore only restores the computer back to factory settings. Not any files or programs that were there at the time you burned the CD's
Grab a linux install cd and then see what your step mom does next time she turns on your computer She'd FREAK if the little windows logo didn't appear
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
no she wouldnt need to know the password if shes on an administrater profile, she can't find out what the password is but she can change it.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by Muphin
Grab a linux install cd and then see what your step mom does next time she turns on your computer She'd FREAK if the little windows logo didn't appear

Dude, that's a brilliant idea! Yeah, try that out!
sounds like the woman that did this should eat a tazor.. very nice combination of wwords haha, i laughed
Quote by Mild Vibe
Wow, this rattlesnake sure does seem to want to give me head, doesn't it?
^^ X3

totally kickass. im getting one for the same reason. Did it in a programming class. Absolutely brilliant. Funny as all get out.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
actually, if you go into edit accounts, and go to your account, there's an option below change password that says "Remove password". you click that, then you can make a totally new password.

so basically if you share a computer and you have multiple admins, you can change anyone of those passwords if you want.
She sounds like a bitch! Slap that hoe sideways! Let her know who's boss, take a dump in one of her socks or something.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by Basil's Kite
actually, if you go into edit accounts, and go to your account, there's an option below change password that says "Remove password". you click that, then you can make a totally new password.

so basically if you share a computer and you have multiple admins, you can change anyone of those passwords if you want.

Seriously? I didn't know windows had that many security holes.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
So, change the password to something only you know, and make a non-admin account with the old password for your father and step-mother.

She won't realize until she tries to use admin-only features, and if she complains, depending on how much you care for her, you can politely explain that it's a sollution to a computer problem, or you can just tell her to piss off and mind her own bees-wax.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
i stumbled upon it when i came home, typed in my password, it said it was wrong. so i looked at the hint and it was "musical instrument" (my password is pancakes =]) so after typing in everything short of an oboe, i went into my dads account to see what i could do, and figured out all that password mumbo jumbo.

windows sucks. stepmoms suck.
Quote by Basil's Kite
windows sucks. stepmoms suck.

Linux is the solution to both your problems You could set up a hidden camera or something to record her reaction when she tries to use the computer.

Wheres the windows button? Control Alt Delete doesn't work! Where's my photo album?
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Linux is the solution to both your problems You could set up a hidden camera or something to record her reaction when she tries to use the computer.

Wheres the windows button? Control Alt Delete doesn't work! Where's my photo album?

how much different is linux? advantages disadvantages? how long would it take for me to understand how it works and whatnot?
Quote by Basil's Kite
how much different is linux? advantages disadvantages? how long would it take for me to understand how it works and whatnot?

It's really not that much different to the casual user. You can do everything xp can. If you googled for a distribution called 'ubuntu' you could easily try it out. It's known as 'linux for real people' and lots of windows users try it out as a first attempt at linux.

I think one of the biggest changes is that there's no C: or E: or D: drives and that stuff. Everything is in a heirarchy, starting at /

So your Documents and Settings directory would be /home/*whateveryourusernameis*

But like I said, you probably won't care about the under-the-hood differences that make linux faster and more secure. Once it boots up you'll see a graphical desktop environment with a bunch of programs, and theres even a start-menu type thing.
Quote by Godzilla1969

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Since your the admin just make the other file (the one she uses) a restricted profile so she's limited to doing that stuff. That or change your dad's profile to "STOP CHANGING MY GOD DAMN PASSWORD WOMAN!"
[Sig goes here]
I you are an administrator you cna make it so she isn't. Do that and change your password. Make your dad's file a regulr one too.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
if your acount is an admin then jus change her pasword

but the linux thing sounds like more fun
FREE-FORM METAL
Yea man, you gota do the linux thing, her reaction would be priceless....I love doing pranks, hehe
Hey, as an admin, you can change her account type. You could make her account ''limited'' (or so is it called - I don't know I got the french edition of Windows XP) instead of being an admin too.