What are some tapping riffs that i could try out? Prefferably metal or hard rock, but whatever's good.

Thanks in advance...
Necrophagist's "Seven intro" or Fermented Offal Discharge Intro sevens I haven't figured out sounds techincal but Fermented OFfal Discharge is playable and cool..
Severed - Mudvayne There's tons of versions of this but you can see how he plays it here.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvSGVNi1hiE Start of tapping solo is 3:47.

He holds his left finger across the notes in brackets and then he taps these notes at the same time.

Peanuts - Stu Hamm
Happy?- Mudvayne
Quote by BigRudy
I disagree Slipknot is more technical than Necrophagist and more brutal than Suffocation, that's why I do hardcore dances to it with my 14 year old friends.
Quote by Gregray88
one-metallica...the start of the third solo...sweet

Dude, we're talkin' bass.

One of the first bass-tapping songs... Addicted to the Rush by Mr. Big
haha
Symphony X - Sea of Lies
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
DMV, Jerry was a racecar driver-Primus

i am quite upset that nowhere on the internet is the true tab for this song. its all tabs for four strings that are tuned wacky, not for an actual 6 string.

well, its not bass tapping but i enjoy learning minus the bear tapping on bass, thier guitarist was in Botch and he is waaay amazing.
i would rather staple my own hands to a train, than pray on knees that judge and blame.
Intro to Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse.

Also I think there's a tapping part in (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth by Metallica, but I aint too sure and can't be bothered to check.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
DMV by primus, but you'll need a fiver for that. an of course, anything by wooten has tapping, but some of the best ones are norwegian wood and overjoyed.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by zeldar
i am quite upset that nowhere on the internet is the true tab for this song. its all tabs for four strings that are tuned wacky, not for an actual 6 string.

well, its not bass tapping but i enjoy learning minus the bear tapping on bass, thier guitarist was in Botch and he is waaay amazing.

if you watch videos of jerry was a racecar driver played with the 6, its very, very clear what notes his hitting. do a little work for yourself for a change

double post i know, but im adressing two seperate issues.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
symphony x - pharoah has a tapping part uses 3 or 4 different strings and it's real near the intro for easy practice with the cd.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
moonlight sonata by stu hamm

who cares if it aint metal, its bloody awesome
Quote by Strat_Monkey

Also I think there's a tapping part in (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth by Metallica, but I aint too sure and can't be bothered to check.

tapped harmonics
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
Quote by XeNoCiDe730
Symphony X - Sea of Lies

The intro? I thought that was played normal.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
tapped harmonics

Close enough.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Niff
The intro? I thought that was played normal.

the part after the main riff/intro...the guitar and bass tap the same thing.
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Not metal or rock, really, but pretty much anything by Stu Hamm.
For metal, Ryan Martinie of Mudvayne does a good deal of tapping. /shrug.
of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM kmbuchamushroom to join.

Member #4 of the Truthiness Club, PM Zeppelin08 to defend all things truthiness.
well thats a long term bump.
Sorry no I dont know the crazy train solo. I wouldn't think of transposing it to bass because I believe it relies to heavily on the different interval of the G to B strings.

are you... a bassist?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
no im not a bassiestm, im a guitarist, i can play the ending but i think he was just making up as he went, like comp., i was just wonderin if anyone knew the one that he made on the album
Quote by musicfreakbit27
no im not a bassiestm, im a guitarist

To the original poster. I would learn tapped chord shapes. I can PM them to you, if you want.
* Nobody likes WootSticks
Nobody's mentioned:
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1
Victor Wooten - Norwegian Wood

Mad tapping skills required for those though

Edit - Didn't realise this was super bumped. Oh well nevermind
Fender MIJ Precision
Quote by madkat
Nobody's mentioned:
Dream Theater - Metropolis Pt. 1
Victor Wooten - Norwegian Wood

Mad tapping skills required for those though

Edit - Didn't realise this was super bumped. Oh well nevermind

AGH...I scrolled through the pages of this thread thinking 'Alright, I have Metropolis Pt. 1 in mind...I'M GOING TO BE FIRST TO SAY IT! MWUWUAHAHA' so I get to the last thread, and here we are, someone beat me to it

Lol, but anyway, yeah, I second madkat on Metropolis Pt. 1. Quite possibly hardest tapping I've seen to play CLEANLY
...I can sure play it sloppy but not clean. It's some mad 2-handed 5-finger tapping.