hey im thinkin about gettin a new amp and was wondering what to get
Price range of about 300 dollars, and i want about 125 watts at the least
if 300 dollars is just not enough to get anything then just say you dont got enough holmes
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
you just don't got enough holmes
for a good 125+ wattage amp anyways.
Last edited by greenbox at Sep 13, 2006,
Used is your best bet, but you'd be better off saving for a smaller tube amp.
look for a used tube combo. it well could be under 300, and it'll probably be loud enough. no one actually needs 125 watts.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah holmes, a good amp that's more than 125 watts and around $300 is pretty much a fantasy.

Don't know what you're into music-wise, but for around $300 you can get a Fender Blues Junior amp and 9 out of 10 people say they're bad ass. I have the bigger version of it, and I absolutely love it. Some people say the blues junior is loud enough to practice with, but again, I don't know what you're going to be using it for. Just thought I'd let you know. Good luck.
Well its like this
Im kind of in a band and i use a PA system, but thats not gunna fly anymore, so i suppose the better question would of been, how much would a 125 watt amp cost me and also how many watts is this fender amp?
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
well, if you're doing serious band stuff, the fender amp isn't going to fly either since it's only a 15 watt tube. If you want a new shiny Marshall stack, it's gonna set you back like $2,000. A little less if you want a half stack.

i've learned in my days though that a lot of people think you need a 10000 watt amp to be taken seriously as a band, but that's not true. A lot of people just have quality rigs and they get played through the venue's sound system, which sounds a lot like the PA system you're refering to. And when you think about it, when you go to a concert, it's not the actual amp you're really hearing, it's the venue's speakers.

On the otherhand, I can understand wanting to have a bad ass stack behind you too
over 120watts??? for a guitar amp???? man your entering pro territory there, and most pro's won't even touch those watts simply because it's not worth it. If you want a PA system you could get a 400 watt PA from behringer for pretty cheap, but a guitar amp is gonna beat that in volume from what i've heard from those that do have use cheap PA systems.
Marty
120w is going to be too much. Try and look at a 50w tube amp, it'll have all the power you need. For $300 you could probably get a JCM 900 and that will give you all the power you need.

More watts != the best solution.