Could anybody give me a link to the schematics (sp?) for the Peavey JSX combo? I would like to look it over, but mine didn't come with a schematics copy. Either a link or a direct picture on the page would be great.

Thanks in advance.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
why do you want a schematic?

they dont usually come with schematics.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I just want some access to a schematic if I ever need one, and also, I cant seem to see my preamp tubes, so I want to look at the schematic for it, before fiddling around with them.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Could anybody give me a link to the schematics (sp?) for the Peavey JSX combo? I would like to look it over, but mine didn't come with a schematics copy. Either a link or a direct picture on the page would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Your screenname's greendayguitar and you have a JSX Combo? Am I missing something?
Quote by SkinnyWhiteBoy
Your screenname's greendayguitar and you have a JSX Combo? Am I missing something?

Real mature my dear friend. Real mature.

Just because I have greenday in my name doesn't mean don't listen to anything else. As a matter of fact, I dont listen to Green Day at all. I used to, and I cant change my name. Your screen name is skinnywhiteboy, for all I know, you could be a fat black chick.

So don't be stereotyping there buddy.

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by greendayguitar
Your screen name is skinnywhiteboy, for all I know, you could be a fat black chick.

Nice comeback. Also, he didn't see your avatar at all.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by greendayguitar
I just want some access to a schematic if I ever need one, and also, I cant seem to see my preamp tubes, so I want to look at the schematic for it, before fiddling around with them.

the preamp tubes are under sheilds. like in this picture (sorry about the size)

the 2 tubes are th preamp tubes, just take the sheilds off, and the tubes are under there.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by tubadude
the preamp tubes are under sheilds. like in this picture (sorry about the size)

the 2 tubes are th preamp tubes, just take the sheilds off, and the tubes are under there.

I've always wondered what those shields are for, anybody know?
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
not all of mine are in shields...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Ok. Thanks guys, I'll go see if I can find them on my amp, I guess there's only three though but nonetheless, I shall go take a look.

Quote by RadioHead22
^my JSX has 4 (mines a head though) one for each channel, and one to power the power tubes

Quote by steven seagull
Quote by greendayguitar
Real mature my dear friend. Real mature.

Just because I have greenday in my name doesn't mean don't listen to anything else. As a matter of fact, I dont listen to Green Day at all. I used to, and I cant change my name. Your screen name is skinnywhiteboy, for all I know, you could be a fat black chick.

Uh... lighten up, "dear friend".
Don't stereotype me and make assumptions that i only listen Green Day, and not even help my problem...

Edit: And also, I dont see any metal sleeves containing tubes. There are 2 steel boxes though, one on each side of the amp, would they contain the tubes, if I took the steel boxes apart, and looked in there?

My main concern is messing up the cuircitury (sp?) and totally screwing it up.

Quote by RadioHead22
Last edited by greendayguitar at Sep 14, 2006,
the boxes are power supplies. dont take those apart

can you take a picture of the amp? i can show you then

Quote by steven seagull
Zomgoodness. Ok, I found the preamp tubes, they were hidden behind the power tubes where I couldnt stick my head in, so I took the camera and just randomley flashed in there untill I seen them, and I now know where they are.

My next quesiton to you guys is, how do I remove the sleeves, how do I remove the tubes from the sleeves, and how do I know if the tube is no good?

Quote by RadioHead22
Quote by tubadude
^my JSX has 4 (mines a head though) one for each channel, and one to power the power tubes

All the tubes are used for all the channels.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Ok, I found the tubes, and did a tube swap, and the tubes arent the problem for the malfunctioning Ultra Gain EQ. Now, My dad and I both think that I probably blew ones of the wires inside the whole deck that contains, well, everything. Here's the story to that theory.

I had recently replaces my strings, and hadnt thrown them out yet, and set them on my dresser. I began to play on the ultra channel, and of course, my whole rool vad shaking. Then something fell off my wall (It always has, I justd ecided to put it abck up for some reason), and took the strings down behind my dresser. When the strings fell, the end of one of them fell into the outlet and set off a spark, and tripped the breaker for the recepticles in my room. So, of course my amp shut off and everyhting, and we fixed it and got th powere back to my room. I ebgan palying, and then realised that the gain on my ultra channel wasnt working at all. So I'm thinkin that I blew the wire that was connected to the gain control, thus ruling out the gain on that channel.

Now, does this seem reasonable, since it's not my preamp tubes, or no?

And I dont know what I should do. I dotn want to take the whole deck out, so should I send it abck to the place I bought it? Or send it directly to Peavey? Or what?

Thanks again guys.

Quote by RadioHead22
I've been good so far, so..

*bump*

Quote by RadioHead22
just checking, but when you say you swapped tubes, did you actually buy new preamp tubes and swap them in?

That's odd, I would think it would blow a fuse on the amp before a surge would fry something in the preamp, I guess anything is possible though.

Is it still under warranty? If it's still under Peavey's warranty, I would contact them, and find out where they want you to send it. They may tell you to contact the store you got it at if they are a service center.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Umm, no, I didnt buy new tubes, I rust moved the ultra tube (or what i thought was the ultra tube) to a different place, and it still didnt work. But yea, Im going to call the store first, then contact Peavey if they dont know. It is still uinder warrenty (at elast it should be) I've only had it a little over a month.

Edit: and it didnt blow a fuse, because it only has one, and the amp still works.

Quote by RadioHead22
Last edited by greendayguitar at Sep 17, 2006,
ahh ic, well, if it's still under warranty, don't even mess around with it. Contact the store or Peavey and ask where you should take it. They may have a service center closer than the store you bought it. Gl man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Sounds like a good plan. I shall do that. Thanks for the help guys.

Edit: When I'm done, I'll post my outcome on here.

Quote by RadioHead22
Ok. So here's the update.

I phoned Steve's Music, and talked to one of the guys, and he said it could either be a socket problem, or the pod/pot (help me there, I'm not sure if it's a pod or pot), and since the store is about 1 hour and 45 minutes away, I would see if it would be possible to get it troubleshooted and fixed near here. Now, Im wondering, if it is the pod/pot that is no good, ho much would a new one cost? And by socket problem, does he mean a tueb socket, or somehting to do with the connections to teh dials?

Again. Thank you for any help.

Quote by RadioHead22
pot.

and pots will be less than 10 bucks. (just being safe, usually 2 to 3 dollars) if you can solder, then ti wont be a problem replacing it, just may be a hassle getting to it

Quote by steven seagull
Ok, so where abouts is the pot located that it is so hard to access? Is the pot the thing attached to the dial, that changes the frquency between 0-whatever?

Quote by RadioHead22
he could mean the ultra gain potentiometer, or one of the tube sockets maybe?
amp clips
amp vids
im thinking its the potentiometer.

it may be ahrd to get to, it may not be hard to get to. it depends. but you got to pull the chassy out, desolder the old one, solder the new one back in and reassemble.

Quote by steven seagull
So, in words for me to understand...take it to an amp tech?

Just so I dont completely f.uck it up.

Quote by RadioHead22
if you dont feel comfortable taking it apart, yes.

Quote by steven seagull
yeah, definitely if you aren't comfortable. There are capacitors that can hold a lethal charge if you accidently contact them working inside the amp, you would want to drain them before working on the circuit. Steve's or Peavey is going to pay for any work right?
amp clips
amp vids