so currently i am in a band and my setups not quite doing it anymore, and i don't know what it is.
so i play a peavey millennium bxp trough a behringer 300 watt bass head (sorry don't remeber the exact model it's the one you see all the time in musicans friend) and the 4x10 behringer cab that goes with it.
and i don't know if it would sound better with a nicer bass or a nicer amp and which one i should get first(because someday i will have both)
the sound that i'm going for is one that sounds similar to flea
thanks tell me if you need more info
your mom said yes
is the problem being your sound or your volume? cause 300 watts is fine from most companies, but... Behringer?... unless you bought that in the 90s, Behringer is some low quality stuff.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
n00 bass, its easier to make a good bass sound good through a bad head than it is to make a bad bass sound good through a bad head, or make a bad bass sound good through a good head.... and stuff...
^ not true. its very much easier to make a bad bass sound good through a good amp setup then it is for a good bass to sound good through a bad amp setup. This is widely agreed amongst most people on these forums - its even mentioned in the BOTM this month.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Quote by kryzay311
n00 bass, its easier to make a good bass sound good through a bad head than it is to make a bad bass sound good through a bad head, or make a bad bass sound good through a good head.... and stuff...

I say its the other way around

IMO amps make the majority of the sound.

And considering the peavey millenium is regarded here as a good mid end bass (AFAIK),

And the behringer gets the worst reviews on the plant (no joke, it and Rogue are two bass companies that most people compare to horse poo). No doubt that if you got a better rig it would make a way bigger difference in your tone.
Quote by UtBDan
^ not true. its very much easier to make a bad bass sound good through a good amp setup then it is for a good bass to sound good through a bad amp setup. This is widely agreed amongst most people on these forums - its even mentioned in the BOTM this month.

agreed.
And that behringer gets bad reviews because it will just stop working one day.. How's your new bass gonna sound then?