I am listening to O.A.R. right now and I love the solos what scales should I use for songs like Cray game of poker and About Mr. Brown, and juast jam songs in general?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
minor pentatonic if you wanna be mega common.

I'd probally whip up like 20 different scales if i was jamming just to test some stuff out haha.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

crazy game of poker is in C major so you can use the C major scale or the C major pentatonic scale to jam along with it.
thanks
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
If you want to jam, try learning your natural/harmonic minor scales. Then, you'll want to play the relative minor. So, if you're jamming in the key of G, you'll play your Em scales. Or if you're jamming in the key of C, you'll play Am scales.
major scale really, if you start on the 6th note of the major scale, you'll hit it's relative minor, the minor scale in the same key. just learn to phrase it right and you'll be good. all the notes in the pentatonic scale is in the major scale
YEAH I'M STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON, FOO!
Mostly major and minor scales. Also, try lowering the 7th of a major scale(by one half step), to make it mixolydian. But if you want to be theoratically correct, you shouldn't use the same letter mixolydian scale, in the same key the song is in. For example, if the key of the song is in C major, you should use G mixolydian, because they have the same notes, just starting on a different note of the scale. Basically if you want to use the right mixolydian scale, you find the fifth note of the major scale....

C major-G mixo
G major-D mixo
D major-A mixo

Ect...

Hope that helped
Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...