im using light top/heavy bottems right now but id like to try heavier strings

is it really that much harder to play on them
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
It's not terribly noticable until you try to bend. Bending gets a lot harder. Which further supports my theory that Stevie Ray had superstrength and led a secret life as a superhero.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
It's not impossible or anything it's just tough on your fingers and harder to hit p.h. and bend strings.
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Yeah, bending with heavier guage strings tear my fingers up.

But they still give me nice heavy tone.
another option is getting heavy strings and tuning down half a step than u get the best of both worlds.... and hey van halen did it.. no pun intended... and a bunch of other guys did that... yngwie
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
I feel right at home with tens. I just upgraded from nines. Playing nines.. it just didn't feel like I was playing guitar any more. It wasn't as exciting.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Stevie Ray occasionally went as high as .17's...

His left hand was the one that killed Superman. Christopher Reeves didn't get paralyzed in a freak horseback incident, they where filming for the fifth movie, and Stevie Ray played the villain... needless to say there was a little too much nack bending on that set.....
I use 30s.

On a 6 string bass

I dig 10's-11's on guitar the most, generally. I'd like to try a normal guitar with .018's though.
haha
The thicker the string the thicker the tone, 11's or 12's are really the best tonally wise, you get used to them pretty quick(OOOOOOOOUUUUUCCCCCHHH my ****ing fingers!!!!)
Bending is harder, vibrato is harder, but you get a somewhat better/deeper tone and better sustain.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
me too.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by God Am
It's not terribly noticable until you try to bend. Bending gets a lot harder. Which further supports my theory that Stevie Ray had superstrength and led a secret life as a superhero.

hahahahahaaha
if i had enough room in my sig i would sig that
its not a big difference, it is harder to bend and fret the strings, but its not a significate difference
Well don't be a dumbass and go from 9's to 12's work your way up, otherwise you will hurt your fingers.

Yes thicker strings sound fatter, IMO better.

Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
I'm tryin' to get .16s but I have to get 'em custom. I use .11s and they play nice to me. I prefer them. I didn't notice much from them. Then again, I went from flatwounds to them. I dunno...
i find 11's or 10's easier to play than 9's tbh.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
No, I use .015 - .070 and I find them better than .009s, in every aspect, but again, it's personal preference.