What's the differrence between a Bend, Quick bend, Pre-bend, Release bend and Unison bend?

And how do you play each?
Bend - normal
Quick bend - faster
Pre-bend - bend before picking
Realse - realease the bend
Unison - 1 string bendin up to note on another string
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
question on bends...how would you play this at a quick tempo?

-------14h16--------14h16--
-17b19--------17b19-----------
---------------------------------------

i have my own way, just wondering how you guys would
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
I would do the 17 bends with my ring finger, and mute the string with my index finger so I can just flick off the ring finger when the bend is finished. Then I would use my middle finger for the hammer-ons, and when I did the hammer-on, I would release slight pressure from my index finger to mute that string so I could just flick it off.
You ever listen to Tommy the Cat? It's in the guitar riff. Also lots of songs use unison bends. Basically you play two notes and bend the lower note to the same pitch as the higher note.

Another good one is in the One solo-Metallica. Umm and, Free Bird. The beginning of the long solo.

Get those songs for powertab maybe and listen to it
the end of the second solo (the fast one) in Master of Puppets is another example of unison bends
Seems like I remember Eric Clapton doing a lot of unison bends. Maybe I'm full of it, though.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
Quote by axe_grinder247
question on bends...how would you play this at a quick tempo?

|-------14h16--------14h16-|
|-17b19--------17b19-------|
|--------------------------|
  P (P) I  R   P (P) I  R

Quote by andersoncouncil
Can I get a little more about Unison bends? What's it supposed to sound like?

Try something like this.

e|-18---18---18--|
B|-b21--b21--b21-|
G|---------------|
D|---------------|
A|---------------|
E|---------------|

The idea is that the note you bend up to is the exact same note (hence 'unison') you're playing on the E string in this example.

The note on the E string is a Bb, then a full step bend on the 21st fret of the B string (Ab) lands on exactly the same pitch of the Bb note. So you're playing a unison interval.
how many fingers do you guys use when you bend? I usually use as many as I can. am I limiting my flexibility and speed if I can't do a certain bend with just one finger?
-XKR
^i would suggest learning to bend with all of your fingers individually
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.