ok i have a bridge true single coil that measures at 7.85 Ohms.

I know this is relatively hot for a proper single coil but anyway i want a lace sensor for the neck position and im worried about the change in output for when i switch and if it'll be unbalanced.

for the neck i either want a Lace Sensor Silver or, preferably Blue.

both those have higher readings but is that just because they have an unusual coil construction or what?

Basically will a blue or silver Lace pup match ok with my7.85 Ohm bridge pup?

Good help and info will be much appreciated!
Cheers!

EDIT:

ah may have copped it myself.....
if the bridge single i have is 7.85 Ohms then i need a humbucker or Lace Sensor at about 15 Ohms???
Am I right?
Should i follow the formula of halfing humbucker and Lace pups readings to match the single coil for output?
i know the neck needs less Ohms than the bridge cos of higher string vibration at the neck.

Right or Wrong?!?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Sep 13, 2006,
Look at the specs...it should say.

My Lace Hot Gold set had a 13k in the bridge, and 13k in the neck.
(Btw, one kohm is equal to 1000 ohms. Your pickup measurement is in kohms too.)
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Look at the specs...it should say.

My Lace Hot Gold set had a 13k in the bridge, and 13k in the neck.
(Btw, one kohm is equal to 1000 ohms. Your pickup measurement is in kohms too.)

yeah i know the blue is like 14somethin kOhms so i wanna know will it be a suitable companion for the bridge pup??

p.s.
cheers for the kOhm info!!

EDIT:
http://www.lacemusic.com/electric_pickups/lace_sensor/lace_sensor_specs.php

that site says the golds are 5.8!?
i dont get it??
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Last edited by buzz at Sep 13, 2006,
cant let it die till i understand this.................
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Ohms are a measurement of speaker opperation not pickup voltage. for example a mesa triple rect can run on a 4 ohm 8ohm or 16 ohm speaker cab.
yeah but pickups have kOhm readings too to give an indication for output.
i just need to know the deal with lace sensors and what kOhm reading would matck the output of the single coil i have mentioned.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by Guitargod12345
Ohms are a measurement of speaker opperation not pickup voltage. for example a mesa triple rect can run on a 4 ohm 8ohm or 16 ohm speaker cab.

Wrong mr electrician, ohms are the measurement of resistance not speaker operation. pickups can generate resisistance so they can have ohm ratings.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
Wrong mr electrician, ohms are the measurement of resistance not speaker operation. pickups can generate resisistance so they can have ohm ratings.

can you help me out with my question please?
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

I can't really help you with your exact question, but changing the pickup heights individually until the outputs match would work too.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?