talk to this guy

he sells acoustic and electric guitars for cheap. intonates them as well. i've played most of what he sells and they're pretty good guitars. he'll get you a good deal on an acoustic for less then $200. he has round-bottom acoustics like gibsons and thinline acoustics as well. if you talk to him, tell him i (colton k.) referred you.

give him a message by myspace or check his website. sorry, no acoustics on his site, but trust me, he has them.
Last edited by t3hrav3n at Sep 13, 2006,
good for 200?

hmm is that possible?
Quote by Metal-X
But last time I cranked my amp up. A small bird flew by at the same time I did a pinch harmonic.... and it exploded....

Too Late
Quote by sumfears
good for 200?

hmm is that possible?

i'm not looking for a mega awesome tone, i just want a good guitar
Yamaha F310, at the store i work at we sell it for 199.95, great guitar for the money
good acoustic for $200? okay find a music store thats not a chain... and get the owner drunk. take it from there.
no it's not impossible by any means... i guess it's all relative to your definition of "good." you can most certainly get a decent guitar for $200 by anyone's standards though i think. check out that under $300 sticky thread at the top. there are a couple models by washburn and yamaha that are 199 i think.
^ Agreed. The Yamaha FG700, Washburn D10S, and Alvarez RD20S are all good guitars in that price range. Personally, I prefer the Washburn out of that group, but you should try to play all the guitars in your price range. Just make sure they have "solid top" somewhere in their description.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I LOVE my Ibanez! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

It's an Ibanez PF5 and it is a great guitar. Cost me $180 from Musicinas Friend. It's an awesome guitar.
Quote by AiCPearlJam
I LOVE my Ibanez! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

It's an Ibanez PF5 and it is a great guitar. Cost me $180 from Musicinas Friend. It's an awesome guitar.

No.

I haven't play an Ibanez acoustic that has been worth the price tag yet. They use cheap laminates, and are poorly constructed. Don't believe me? Search Ibanez in this forum, and you're likely to find several people who have had issues with their Ibanez acoustics.

EDIT: I realized that was too harsh...its nice that you like that guitar, I just feel that there are a lot of guitars from different companies that are way better values.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I love my yamaha its amazing! For the $125, I payed for it. Its in the siggy.
GUITARS

Yamaha F-315A
Ibanez AX 125
Quote by jimtaka
no it's not impossible by any means... i guess it's all relative to your definition of "good." you can most certainly get a decent guitar for $200 by anyone's standards though i think. check out that under $300 sticky thread at the top. there are a couple models by washburn and yamaha that are 199 i think.

exactly, i just want a decent guitar, something that you can't say it's crap
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Washburn-D100-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=515366

i have like no $$ but needed an acoustic so i "settled" for this one. (after reading reviews for hours). I had to buy online as i'm in the military currently where guitar selection is not that great. i just ordered yesterday so it will be a few days before i get it. i also ordered up a set of my favorite martin strings so i say for the price you can't go wrong hell there's even a blemished advertised for i think $110......

i'll reply here again if you need it a day or two after it arrives and give you a good full review if you like (and can wait that long)....
dude... you can get a decent Alvarez for a little less thn 200$. in my opinion... alvarez is topline acoustic.

EDIT: Ive played a show with an acoustic guitar that was about 150$... it was an alvarez... go get one... you wont be disapointed...

Ive also played a few Ibanez acoustics that sounded pretty good. I dont recomend a fender acoustic. ive got a Hoghner acoustic guitar that sounds pretty good too.

ALVAREZ!
ALVAREZ!
ALVAREZ !
ALVAREZ!
LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER
Last edited by NotOneWithNames at Sep 14, 2006,
Well, I'd find someplace that has both, play both and pick the one I liked best.
But on the aside, I think you guys are really missing out if you buy new without checking to see what you might find on the used market. It's a bit tricky, but you can get some excellent deals if you know your stuff. I just bought a 1970's vintage, Japanese made Epiphone FT-120, that I'd put the tone & quality up against either of the two new guitars mentioned. Like new w/HS case. $116.
if you are only spending 200 the d10 is by far the best guitar that you can get for that price