Did David Gilmour use only Strats for recording with Pink Floyd, or did he use other guitars as well? If he did use other guitars, what were they?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I believe he used a tele in drop D on Dogs.

But yea...90% strats.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
He used another one for the solo on time I beleive. I forgot what type it was though.
i think he may have also used les pauls

from memory, i have a feeling that he did the solo for 'another brick in the wall part 2' using a gibson les paul gold top with p90 pickups

i think he also used a les paul a few other times, but rarely, unless im mistaken
So, for the majority of the recordings, he used a Strat, but occasionally would use other guitars for a few songs here and there?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ya, On time he used a different guitar because the frets on his Strats didnt go high enough. If you really want to know I can wath the dvd and tell you what type of guitar he used.
I thought he just used strats but i've got a feeling he's probably got an LP lying about somewhere on a floyd album, i still need to listen to all of them (I have all of them and i've only listened to pulse and dark side of the moon XD)
Yeah, I'm remembering reading somewhere that he didn't use a stratocaster on Another brick in the wall and I've also seen him use other guitars on a few dvd's.
I heard from somewhere that he used a les paul with p90s for another brick in the wall part 2 solo.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
He used a Steinberger for a number of AMLOR tracks (such as Sorrow), and an Esquire for Dogs and Run Like Hell (Drop D). Also he has a Les Paul Black Beauty but I am unsure whether this was used in any studio recordings (it may have only been used for informal jam sessions).
David has used many different guitars sparingly, but mostly Strats. He's used LP's, Tele's, Steinberger, Gretsch, etc. And when I saw him live in April he used an LP for This Heaven.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
In this months Guitar World its says he used a White Falcon in their later albums.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
* Fender
o Stratocaster; his main guitar
o Telecaster
o Esquire
* Gibson
o A Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
* Gretsch Duo-Jet
* Gibson, Ovation and Martin Acoustics
* Taylor Guitars Acoustics
* Jensen Lap Steel Guitars with Fender Stratocaster pick-ups
^Yes, I can look on Wikipedia too.

Thanks for all the replies that weren't just copy/pasted from Wikipedia. I just started to get into Pink Floyd and love the sound, so I was curious to see if David Gilmour really used Strats in the studio, or if he used tons and tons of different guitars.

It seems pretty unanimous that he used Strats and the occasional Gibson with p-90's and a Tele.

Thanks for the info everyone.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
he also uses a Bill Lewis Custom guitar.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'10 Godin 5th Ave. Kingpin
'03 Blueridge Dreadnought
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
He also played bass a few times (IE fretless on Hey You)
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
He did always use telecasters early when he was in Pink Floyd but when he was on an airplane, the airplane luggage people lost his tele so when he bought his new guitar, he got a strat and he kept using strats.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
he still used teles, he bought more.
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1
Quote by dkaddicts
Ya, On time he used a different guitar because the frets on his Strats didnt go high enough. If you really want to know I can wath the dvd and tell you what type of guitar he used.

That was for the Money solo, I'm guessing for the bit at around 4:33. Can't remember what the guitar was, but I remember it looking to be mahogany, having a rosewood board and two humbuckers. He did use other things too though, like Fat Teles (Used on Dogs I think), but mainly he used Strats IIRC. Used an LP quite a lot on On An Island, but with Floyd I think he mainly used Strats and Teles.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
That was for the Money solo, I'm guessing for the bit at around 4:33. Can't remember what the guitar was, but I remember it looking to be mahogany, having a rosewood board and two humbuckers. He did use other things too though, like Fat Teles (Used on Dogs I think), but mainly he used Strats IIRC. Used an LP quite a lot on On An Island, but with Floyd I think he mainly used Strats and Teles.

The guitar was a Bill Lewis Custom, it was mahog w/ rw fretboard and had 24 frets
'11 Gibson LP Jr.
'07 Gretsch 5120
'69 Tele
'02 Custom Martin D-28
Premier Twin-8
Fender Hot Rod Dlx
Boss SD-1