This is directed at people who either own or have experience playing the S520EX.

I'm really considering buying one, and i'm stoked about the great reviews it seems to get, and i'm just wondering why it doesn't cost more? Not that i'm complaining, but it sounds like it's an amazing quality guitar for $728.00 retail (canadian) at Axe music. Is it because it doesn't have a neck-thru body setup? Because of the pickups(which have seemingly gotten decent reviews)?

It just seems too good to be true, especially for that price. Feedback?
oh and P.S. is the difference between neck-thru body and bolt on really that significant?
the difference vetween the bolt on and neck thru is big, but its not that huge of a deal, the S520 is a good guitar.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by JohnnyGoo
oh and P.S. is the difference between neck-thru body and bolt on really that significant?

It's a bit relative, a lot of arguments over it. Supposedly there is a difference in sustain, however many argue that this is incorrect. I'm a setneck/neck through kinda guy because they just feel more like the neck belongs to the guitar, and the entire thing is one - just feels better (maybe it's just a mind thing). I have both a set thru and a bolt on - so i'm not being biased about that opinion either.

I'm not about to argue on matters of sustain - get a compressor and get over the debate is what i say to those ppl willing to argue one way or another. it's all very personal.

S series by Ibanez, from what i heard is excellent and you shouldn't have too many problems with it at all. If it plays well buy it!
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
It's a bit relative, a lot of arguments over it. Supposedly there is a difference in sustain, however many argue that this is incorrect. I'm a setneck/neck through kinda guy because they just feel more like the neck belongs to the guitar, and the entire thing is one - just feels better (maybe it's just a mind thing). I have both a set thru and a bolt on - so i'm not being biased about that opinion either.

I'm not about to argue on matters of sustain - get a compressor and get over the debate is what i say to those ppl willing to argue one way or another. it's all very personal.

S series by Ibanez, from what i heard is excellent and you shouldn't have too many problems with it at all. If it plays well buy it!

Good advice! Thanks dude
it's cheap because it is made in korea and not a prestige model.
^Dude, SZ's don't have Prestige models, and the're actually good guitars.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
and where did i say they aren't good guitars?

the OP asked why they are cheap. i told him why. i never said they are bad.

read. comprehend. post.