I am looking to start saving up money here in a while to buy an amp thats maybe around 60-100 watt. I am not sure what these truly go for but I really don't wanna spend alot of money thinking around 200ish. But I would be willing to go a bit higher if i gota. What I am looking for a is a good amp and something that would sound good with slapping and such. Probably take me a while to save up the cash seeing how college is harsh on a person when it comes to money. But I figured I should sit here and see what is out there. I also heard that a amp with a tweater built into it is good for slapping and popping not sure if thats really true.
look into ashdown or maybe a fender rumble
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Deliriumbassist is right, Behringer makes a pretty decent starter amplifier for a very reasonable price. It won't put up with being dragged around 3 nights a week on professional gigs (450W version would work for a small club), but the work just fine. I have one that I use with my working pro amp and I think it sounds decent.
BigD
Playing for a couple of years.
Home-built custom Seymore Duncan 57-PBass Pickups.
Amp Behringer 450w
Cab 4x10 400W Working Pro