Hey guys I have a jcm 2000 tsl halfstack. and when i have my lead channel up past 5 or 6 it gets really whistley. is that just from over usage or is that normal?

any suggestions are apprieciated

Actually its not a whistling sound. its just like a static. sorry for the whistling thing. thats just what ive always called it when amps were staticy just kinda whistley sorry.
Last edited by facemelter at Sep 14, 2006,
how lomg have you had it for. It could be feed back.
What the hell is the internet?
yea i was thinking it was just the guitar i was using but its not feedback cause it does it when the volume is down. this is also without any pedals pluged in. when pedals are plugged in the sound is intensified. but i have a noise suppresser that fixes the problem but its inconvienient to run it. So i just thought id ask. Ive had it for like two or three months.
How far away are you from the amp, how big is your room?

My Laney with the 4 x 12 has a real high pitched screech when it's on at even volume 1. I save it for gigs now and just use a 1 x 12 cab so I can drive it at a decent playing volume.

Definately sounds like feedback though
Yeah one of my older amps did that ehrn it got past 8. If the problem continues just taking it back to where you bought it and get them to look at it. 3 months isnt long enough for it to start causing problems.
What the hell is the internet?
What guitar are you using? It's probably single coil hum, or bad shielding hum (or both).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by facemelter
yea i was thinking it was just the guitar i was using but its not feedback cause it does it when the volume is down. this is also without any pedals pluged in. when pedals are plugged in the sound is intensified. but i have a noise suppresser that fixes the problem but its inconvienient to run it. So i just thought id ask. Ive had it for like two or three months.

preamp tubes can have that problem, especially if it's happening even with the guitar volume off, that's usually a dead giveaway to a microphonic or noisey preamp tube. Probably whatever tube is associated with the lead channel gain.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids