Poll: should i change my tunning from BEADG to EADGC?
Poll Options
View poll results: should i change my tunning from BEADG to EADGC?
change to EADGC
18 55%
Stay with BEADG
15 45%
Voters: 33.
Hey im thinking of changing my 5 strings tunning to EADGC beacuse of more cordal and soloing opprunities, ect.

anyway im taking to this poll to see if you guys think if its a good idea.

(oh yeah don't tell me stuff like you have to buy new strings/new nut i got that sorted)

Thanks
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
do it if you dont mind losing the low B. i always thought it was a bit thick to work with TBH, but personal preference.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
TBH?

i think i might do it beacuse i dont use the low b with my band
Member #12 of the Can't we forget about punk, emo, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK? group. pm rockon1824 to join

Quote by Taoistic_Beer

HEY GUYS, DANI CALIFORNIA ON MAX VOLUME, 100 % CLEAN. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I would say go EADGC if your band doesn't use the B much. If you do really want those notes desperately, you could always drop your tuning a bit.

I don't really see the point of a B string unless your guitarists use 7 strings anyway.
Quote by Left_hander_nz
TBH?

to be honest*

Quote by Niff
I would say go EADGC if your band doesn't use the B much. If you do really want those notes desperately, you could always drop your tuning a bit.

I don't really see the point of a B string unless your guitarists use 7 strings anyway.

my band plays in A (AEAD) and with my B dropped to an A, i get the same feel as droptuning my 4 string on the B, and no floppy EADG
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I like C strings... but it depends on what you like. Try it out you can always change them.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Hmm,if u like booming sounds from the big amp cabinets (mebbe for openin gigs),and go
super deep with ur errm,..boom,then u might wanna stay with BEADG..
but u mentioned that u wanna play solos,then i suggest u change them yea!!.
if you only use the B string for playing up then neck and whatnot, then i'd go EADGC..

and maybe downtune a bit, like DGCFA# or something...
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
if you only use the B string for playing up then neck and whatnot, then i'd go EADGC..

and maybe downtune a bit, like DGCFA# or something...
Tuning from B offers many advantages, such as no drop D, the bottom E is much more punchy played at the 5th fret (B string), riffs played on the B string above the 5th fret are more audible than on the E string below the 5th fret.
The main problem many Bassists who are early in their playing carreer suffer is not having an amplifier that is truly capable of getting the best out of a 5 string Bass
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
If your guitarist is using a distortion, the high C won't cut through at all... IMO I would leave the tuning to BEADG
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Stay with BEADG
So how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously,
when you've swapped free will for faith, hope and pre-destiny?
Quote by John Swift
The main problem many Bassists who are early in their playing carreer suffer is not having an amplifier that is truly capable of getting the best out of a 5 string Bass

couldnt agree more. i played my 5 string through a SVTpro300 head and an ampeg 4x10 cab yesterday, and that low b was immacualte.

i would go eadgc, but thats mostly because i already have a beadg. plus, ive been playing chord progressions like crazy lately, trying to build up some composition skill.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
BEADGC.

If you do lots of solo/chordal work, a high C is good, for band stuff.. low B rules.
haha
EADGC Kills for Jazz and funk.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Guys:

As much as i like BEADG, and i find if someone asks "which do you think is more useful?", ill answer that:

The dude said he wants to do more CHORDING and SOLOING, hence the High C would be a lot smarter of a choice imo.