Hi there. I am saving up to buy an electric (ive been playing for about 1.5 years now on acoustic) i have in mind the Epiphone Dot, which i have heard is very good and have read online reviews which say this guitar is a good buy.
What im struggling with is waht amp to buy, i have a budget of about 100-150 to spend on one. its only going to be used to play in my house with so it doesnt have to be anything special but something that i can get the right soud out of. Im into Oasis, beatles, arctic monkeys etc.. and would like an amp that can enable me to get these bands sort of sounds

Some advice would be greatly appreciated
investigate the small VOX valvetronix... There suposed to be preety decent.... What currency are you?
What currency are you talking about?
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeh look at the vox valvetronix series 15 watts should do enough if your just playing at home by yourself
Get an epiphone valve jr combo and a pedal.

Since I bought mine my kustom 100 watts amp's been sitting in a corner collecting dust.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
Get an epiphone valve jr combo and a pedal.

Since I bought mine my kustom 100 watts amp's been sitting in a corner collecting dust.

Always wondered about that amp. I'm a big fan of tiny tube amps. People are
too concerned about watts and not about tone. Especially for just playing around
the house. I already have a 3 watt tube amp, but that Epiphone seems like a
good deal for the money.
^I played the combo, it was pretty crap sounding.

For that price, either a Vox Valvetronix, or maybe a used Laney VC15 if you can find one (or want to save up a bit), they're amazing amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
^I played the combo, it was pretty crap sounding.

For that price, either a Vox Valvetronix, or maybe a used Laney VC15 if you can find one (or want to save up a bit), they're amazing amps.

Mine sounded fine and that's with the cheap sovteks it came with. You probably heard the old models and they were pretty crappy.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
^Maybe, it did have that apparent loud buzzing the old combos had.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30