Can someone tell me what chord this is please?

EX
B1
G2
D3
A3
EX

X's might be open I'm not sure. I used to play this thinking it was an F but I can't find it in my chord book or online.

Thanks for your help.
F.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
An F (major) Barre chord is like this:

e|--1--
B|--1--
G|--2--
D|--3--
A|--3--
E|--1--

But what you said is actually a F/C chord

e|------
B|--1--
G|--2--
D|--3--
A|--3--
E|------

The note on the A string is a C and the notes on the B,G, and D string are F, A and C.
F, A and C represent a F major triad (triad means chord with three notes nothing special here).

But since there is that c note at the bottom but still has the tonality of F major (tonality as in it sound like F but a bit different) It's a Slash ( / ) chord where the left number is the chord and the right number is the added bass note; F/C

e|------
B|--1--
G|--2--
D|--3--
A|--2-- <----- This could be called a F/B cause the C is a B but the rest stays the same.
E|------

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Fmaj with 2nd inversion, a.k.a. F/C.

the notes are
C <5th
A < 3rd
F < root
C < 5th
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

^ is TECHNICALLY correct, but the overall tonality is F, the reason being F + C = F5 and gives an overall F sound, you COULD use C with it and have a C major type counterpoint or melody, but for the purposes you're playing it, its prolly a F
F, second inversion
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.