Page 1 of 5
Paula Hogan of MANIC Music & Distribution and Candlelight Records USA has contacted BLABBERMOUTH.NET to report that "eBay is [allegedly] currently starting a ban on black/extreme metal. A few of our vendors who have sizeable eBay stores are now finding their items pulled down by eBay directly. The list we have compiled so far that have been pulled for sale via any eBay stores or auctions is noted below. I'm sure there are more."

Added Dan Ferguson of Indianapolis, IN's Abyss Records: "I had a number of items removed and account suspended by selling black metal. It seems a group of so-called Christians have been reporting black metal bands (even though eBay has black metal as a search genre) as all racist and hateful and discriminatory."

The items that were allegedly removed by eBay because they "violated the eBay Hateful or Discriminatory policy" are as follows:

BURZUM - Complete 6 LP SET
EMPEROR - IX Equilibrium ORIG. LP
WOTANORDEN - From The.. CD
BURZUM - s/t / Aske DOUBLE LP
1349 - Beyond The CD
DARKTHRONE - Panzerfaust CD
MAYHEM - Collection 4 LP SET
PANTHEON - Krihapentswor CD
DARKTHRONE - Total Death CD
BURZUM - Draugen CD DVD
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs LP
BURZUM - Daudi Baldrs CD
ZYKLON B - Blood Must Be Shed CD
ARMAGGEDON - Imperium CD
EMPEROR - Demo LP
1349 - Hellfire DOUBLE LP
DARKTHRONE - Hate Them CD
BURZUM - Filosofem DOUBLE LP
BURZUM - Hlidskjalf LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var DIGI CD
CAMULOS / AINSHVAL - Split CD
BURZUM - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP
BURZUM - Det Som Engang Var LP
NOKTURNAL MORTUM - Weltanschauung CD
SATYRICON - Now, Diabolical CD

In eBay's e-mail to Ferguson explaining their decision to remove his listing, they write, "eBay doesn't permit sellers to list items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or racial intolerance. Items that promote organizations with such views are also prohibited.

"eBay will judiciously disallow listings or items that promote or glorify hatred, violence or racial intolerance, or items that promote organizations (such as Nazis, neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation) with such views. This policy also applies to listings that offer shipping to countries where certain items may be illegal."

Discuss
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Burzum pretty much makes up that whole list.

Emperor, Zyklon, 1349 and Satyricon? Wtf?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This is beyond ridiculous. The excuses they're using to ban black metal are the very principles they seem to guide themselves by. They're discriminating a whole genre, because it alledgedly is "all racist, hateful and discriminatory". What can be more racist and discrciminatory than labelling a whole genre, a whole comunity as such, when only a part of is fits into that discription?
Praise the Lord, I guess...
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Racist? Just because it's Black Metal?

That still sucks though.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
as all racist and hateful and discriminatory

Well not all but in large portion I have to agree but then again we come to freedom of expression and understanding music for what it is. I would understand if Ebay is doing this so under age teens are unable to get BM-since they "all" seem very impressionable. But banning a whole genre because some people find it offensive will lead to further problems.

I mean from different perspectives you can say that rap is offensive to women, alot of grind is offenicive and so forth. This gives a bad precident and will lead to further censorship. I wish Ebay would much rather make it clear that if you are under 16, these items are not suitible for you and have adults who understand that music is artistic expression buying at their own risks of being offended. By all means the I-net is filled with unsutible things and I think it should be up to the parents to monitor what their children are doing on the computer rather then a bunch of biased people.

Most art is deemed offensive by people, but banning it is not a solution but rather understanding it or at least trying to. Surely I can look at most genres of music and find something offensive in each one of them, but then again it's up to the individual to decide this.

This is complete hypocrisy and I wish the people of Ebay will get their head out of their ass
What idiots. Lol, Emperor, Mayhem, Satyricon, Zyklon? I'm willing to bet I can find rap that is racist towards white people on eBay, too.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
AzureNight, people working for eBay are just like the first person in your sig.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
You can get genuine Nazi items, but you can't get a copy of Filisofem? That's ridiculous.
"Varg will have to stay for two more years in prison, although this decision violates Norwegian constitution and European human rights convention. His parole is postponed to April 2008." - burzum.org
I will not be surprised if there will be a ban of black metal even from the stores. People are taking it way too seriously. It is just music , it doesnt hurt anybody , only the christians. If god exsists then satan exists too , so what's the harm of worshiping him too ? Just because the government gave the christians T.E.S. doesnt mean their religion is right either. In my opinion , I think this whole thing is just a beurocratic bullshit. There is also a church (like the vatican) that listenes to this kind of stuff and worships satan , but have you ever heard of them trying to ban christian metal , christian rock or whatever ?
Fuck everybody , I dont give a shit , I'll listen to it even if i'll have to go to hell.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by SonicMessiah
Don't bother me none. Kind of glad, actually...

What about this makes you glad?
Quote by primusfan

I could understand bands like Grinded Nig and Skrewdriver being banned, but Zyklon?! They're even targetting the wrong BM bands, they should really be looking at true NSBM bands like Sunwheel, Gestapo 666 etc

I'm also intrigued as to why this is only focused on black metal, what about nazi punk, extreme sexism bands like Waco Jesus, and the aformentioned racist rap? It also seems eBay needs to do its research and realise that Emperor are not at all racially inclined.
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical

That's truly pathetic.

They could make half an effort and ban their good material instead.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
they should really be looking at true NSBM bands like Sunwheel

but but but

Sunwheel is SOOOOO good don't ban t3h Sunwheel!
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
I would really, really like to know why people are saying things like "Thank goodness..." and magnificent idiocies alike. If you are one of those carcasses without a mind of their own whose only thoughts about the subject are BLACK METAL = DEVIL, BURN THE SINNERS!, then I will give you the most precious piece of advice I can; an advice that I reccomend that you remember throughout the rest of your lives. An advice that might, in fact, come to save your life on day. SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Quote by primusfan

It won't matter to me, there are better places than eBay to buy CDs online.

But still, the principle is crazy. It's just more Christian shitstirring.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
^^=to jmag. seriously dont worry about ss311 hes a little stupid pussy with no purpose in life other than to be fat and retarded. I used to go at it with him in the punk forum hella days ago.
Quote by erling

Quote by Davidian
Goddamn christians

agreed

Goddamn people who generalise...
Quote by las7
Goddamn people who generalise...

Ironic considering the original topic.
never mind
Last edited by las7 at Sep 14, 2006,
Quote by las7
That's exactly why I said it ,it makes people generalising christians just as bad as a group of christians who genreralise black metal bands.

ahhhh *taps nose*
lol I just read the part that said they don't allow anything that "glorifies violence"

If they stand by this ethos then surely they'd have to ban all biographies of military leaders, all violent videogames, all horror/action films, all war documentaries, virtually all metal music (even power metal is about battles), virtually all punk, virtually all rap, war memorabilia, history books etc etc etc

EDIT: I just noticed that Burzum's keyboard albums are in there aswell!
Well isn't that rediculous!

Glad I got my Bathory in time...
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by ss311
Oh shut up. Somepunkkid, hangs in the metal forum, the punks were too much for the 'punk' kid.

Hush hush now.

Is it just me or there's a never ending number of ridiculous aspects of the whole situation?
Quote by primusfan

Ehhhhhh, Ebay was a decent place to get vinyl. Oh well, screw that.
Read my post. Not this.
lol Ebay knows even less about BM than me. As been said before, the new Satyricon record? I mean who would buy that crap in the first place? And wouldn't be lots of Death Metal way more "offensive" and glorifying violence? it's such a bad excuse by some idiot christian fundamentalists.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Totally ridiculous, absotively uninformed, etc. etc. etc. The real question is who buys metal CD's on Ebay anyways
Hoorah for political correctness!
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
Page 1 of 5