ok the thing is as i look down at my guitar i would expect the pickup selecter to select the bridge when pushed right and neck when left? but when i switch it right i get the cleaner tone that i always thought was from the neck pickup, am i wrong about the pickup sounds or is my pickup selector reversed? Its an Ibanez RG321mH
generally on an HH 3-way toggle switch.

up or towards the neck is the neck.
down or towards the bridge is the bridge.
middle is both.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
but the neck pickup is supposed to be the cleaner twangier tone yes? cos the sharper tone seems to be when i switch the toggle to the to supposedly select the bridge pickup? so so could someone tell me that im right with the sound of the pickups ie neck sharper cleaner tone, bridge ummm..... not, and if this is the case then my switch must be reversed and is there any way of changing this?
and remember the neck has a lower tone than the bridge, if still in doubt you could check a wiring diagram and take a peek inside through the back. lastly it's your guitar, so as long as it works the way you want it, F convention, id leave which ever selection i use the most at the bottom (it just happens to be bridge) so that i wouldnt knock the switch out of place while playing
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
hahaha, its really easy to change it, just unscrew the cover on the back, then unscrew the switch, and making sure your not pulling any wires too hard, just flip it and screw eveything back on
Neste@
Cool@
To the core!
that's not switching the pickup selected tho.

like said. most likely ur selecting the neck when its pointed to the neck.
and that pickup will have a bassier sound.

its clarity depends on that particular pickup.
all neck pickups dont have similar tonal properties.

bridges sound more treble. high end. but not necessarily "twang"
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011