Page 1 of 9
screamingchinky
104 IQ
Ready the flame shield.
"A guitar is just like a hard teddy, isn't it?" - DAAAAAAAN BAKER
LetTheBassPlay
UG's Spector Man!
307 IQ
Thats a good song. Overall, I like the band. as for the drummer...eh...
But yeah, get ready to be flamed.
At least you didnt post this in the metal forum like i've seen before.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
jagstang270
's mom!
807 IQ
3 Bass drums? i'm really sorry, I can't seem to find a good enough reason for having 3 bass drums exept for bragin'...
...And The Nominees Are
patkal20
10 IQ
atreyu is more metal than hardcore. theres like one breakdown, they have few breakdowns, and the few breakdowns arent even that good.
still learning to play!
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
Quote by patkal20
atreyu is more metal than hardcore.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHSAHAHAHAHAH!!!HAHHAAHH!H!H!H!!H!HAHAH!AH!H!!!

*deep breath*

BAHAHAHAAHHHAHQH!H!HAAHHAHAH!AH!H!HA!HAHAHHHAHH!H!AH!H!
--
...and the world sighed in relief
LPIndin
Dick In Your Butt?
751 IQ
atreyu has some good songs. put on a good show too. saw them with lacuna coil in july.

and as for 3 bass drums. one is for luck. he doesnt actually play all three... dumbasses
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Zamboni
is moist.
2,792 IQ
Quote by patkal20
atreyu is more metal than hardcore. theres like one breakdown, they have few breakdowns, and the few breakdowns arent even that good.

They are more generic rock than metal or hardcore.
irishmatt1992
UG Addict
4,786 IQ
Quote by Zamboni
What the hell does "triple bass" mean?

*sighs* well the biggest drum in a drumset is called a BASS drum, now a lot of metal bands have two, "double bass", in this case, he has three, "triple bass", *sighs*.

Actually i seen and interview with the drummer and he has some kinda of pedal that allows him to play all three.
StuartR
571 IQ
Quote by flame843
The riff to Right Side of the Bed is a complete plagiarism of The Hive by In Flames.

I always thought it was a song of The Jester Race but I forgot, guess its not.
PaintOurSilence
tipsmash
1,047 IQ
Quote by flame843
The riff to Right Side of the Bed is a complete plagiarism of The Hive by In Flames.

Wow, I just listened to it and it fully is.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
AtReyUfAn_247
54 IQ
i know people like to flame 'em. but i love atreyu (hence the name wink wink). they may not fit into hardcore anymore, but they make really good music in my opinion. Especially they're new album which kicks ass.
jckido21
ultimate awesum kid
288 IQ
shoulda known a bunch o kids tryin to not sound like noobs would flame but o wells. theyre pretty ok theyre newer stuff is getting worse and worse only because the singer is like not growling as much as he use to. if you listen to theyre first album (not suicide notes and butterfly kisses but i cant think of the name right now) then he growls like a beast and now hes like singing. on the contrary theyre guitarists have gone uphill but still away from the whole metalcore feel they use to have. hairmetalcore is what they are now. theyre drummer is pretty good. theyre bassist is well hes an average bassist. so theyre a pretty much OK band
Kido is the name and i like to rhyme
I'll have you ladies playin with your panty line

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
universal_man
the justice
366 IQ
Quote by irishmatt1992
*sighs* well the biggest drum in a drumset is called a BASS drum, now a lot of metal bands have two, "double bass", in this case, he has three, "triple bass", *sighs*.

Actually i seen and interview with the drummer and he has some kinda of pedal that allows him to play all three.

i never seen triple bass...usually two....
Invictious
Jammed
2,433 IQ
Well I kind like atreyu, like ain't love grand, bleeding mascara, right side of bed, lip gloss and black.

They need a new vocalist though..the lead singer from atreyu sounds like he is barfing....
And how can their lead guitarist be that small?

You can operate a triple bass pedal, by like a normal double bass, then on the right foot, you use your heel and toe to control 2 pedals, pretty cool really.

So theoretically, you can have quadruple bass! Goood for crazy insane deathcore bands.

And if you bother using the searching,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Duallist-Triple-Kick-Double-Pedal?sku=445402
RHCPhysco8
UG's 3rd String QB
478 IQ
Triple bass doesn't a band good
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Disco Vietnam
Warlord Genghis Tron
2,900 IQ
Quote by universal_man
is it dificult to play triple bass...?

Not at all. Scene Kids tend to go ape**** if they hear double bass so in turn they would go even more ape**** if they heard triple.
frodoisdead
Love, Ire & Song.
978 IQ
why would you need a triple bass?

this is atreyu's way of trying to sound original.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Invictious
Jammed
2,433 IQ
But you don't hear triple bass anywhere, it's just a gimmick to make the bassist look hardcore or whatever..
Well if I get a triple bass pedal does taht mean I am fast?

no.
jckido21
ultimate awesum kid
288 IQ
this is way off topic but im pretty sure the drummer guy from slipknot plays quad bass. yeah and i think he does it by puttin pedals under his thighs or so i've heard

Quote by LPIndin
that may be the most ridiculous thing ive ever read (next to the bible, of course)
LPIndin
Dick In Your Butt?
751 IQ
Quote by jckido21
this is way off topic but im pretty sure the drummer guy from slipknot plays quad bass. yeah and i think he does it by puttin pedals under his thighs or so i've heard

Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

AtReyUfAn_247
54 IQ
i have really never heard an atreyu song that uses triple bass. Come to think of it, none of their songs really use any fast double bass. Anyway, i don't think they need a new singer. He doesn't growl as much anymore but i like what he is doing now even though they are not keeping a real hardcore/metalcore image.

By the way jckido21, they're first ablum was called "Visions".
jckido21
ultimate awesum kid
288 IQ
Quote by LPIndin

thats just wut sumbody told me sorry if im gullible

Quote by LPIndin
LedZeppelin
2,316 IQ
Quote by LPIndin

You have an August Burns Red avatar.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.