its deffinitly a les paul, now wiether or not its a copy of a real gibson i couldnt tell you.
Quote by Stiffy Maximus
i smoke some weed and get naked. thats the way to write a good song.
Quote by Eldiablo30x6
its deffinitly a les paul

*Gasp!*

Its a copy, i took a look at the first pic and knew immediatly it wasnt genuin, just from the cut away, its too sharp.

Still a very nice copy. Dont smash it

EDIT: Also on the second pic you can see the tone and volume controls, iv never seen those particular ones used on any Gibson or Epipihone, also if it was a gibson, the wood texture on the top would look different, the guitar seems to have an alder top (which isnt bad)

Also on the 3rd pic i noticed it has a bolt-on neck, only one variety of LP has one like that and thats the Epi 100.
Last edited by goodbydresden at Sep 14, 2006,
What are those little manuals its come with, because they say Gibson on them, might be able to get an answer in there as to what exactly the guitar is... yet the guitar shows no such insignia. It aint gonna be a Gibson, they always put their name on their guitars.
Is there a serial number or anything you can try and research?
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
Fellows. It is not a gibson. Out of question. It's a bolt-on neck.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
Fellows. It is not a gibson. Out of question. It's a bolt-on neck.

Noticed that as well. One peice ftw!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
its a wal mart gibby.

like epiphone on crack. they sucks.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
What a scam, I just did a n00b eBay mistake by bidding some cash on this BEFORE I checked with you always-brilliant people first

So it's a Gibson/Baldwin, listed at the Gibson official site as an officially marketed Gibson Les Paul, but it's their $100 "Squier", more or less - it looks like these are exclusively sold in some Best Buy stores in the US, and sometimes can be had for $100. I'll end up with the fret buzz and bad pickup tone that you get for this price guitar, but at least can be happy about the look and style.

Grr, now I will have THREE entry-level guitars...
Quote by goodbydresden
??

crack messes things up.

its a piece of crap.

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by sdhupelia
What a scam, I just did a n00b eBay mistake by bidding some cash on this BEFORE I checked with you always-brilliant people first

So it's a Gibson/Baldwin, listed at the Gibson official site as an officially marketed Gibson Les Paul, but it's their $100 "Squier", more or less - it looks like these are exclusively sold in some Best Buy stores in the US, and sometimes can be had for $100. I'll end up with the fret buzz and bad pickup tone that you get for this price guitar, but at least can be happy about the look and style.

Grr, now I will have THREE entry-level guitars...

Why don't you just retract your bid?
Seriously, I'm in the band.
OK, I emailed the seller to ask to allow a retraction (since it's under 12 hours until the bids close), but luckily somebody just outbid my high bid, so I'm out of the woods on this one - thanks for the quick help and advice, I owe you a round!
It's one of the new Gibson line designed for Wal Mart. It's a piece of shìt.

Always research something like that before bidding.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
It's one of the new Gibson line designed for Wal Mart. It's a piece of shìt.

Always research something like that before bidding.

Guitars at Wal-Mart? I dont live in America but according to SouthPark WalMart is some kind of mulitpurpose super empire supermarket.

How could Gibson sell themselves like this
Quote by Eldiablo30x6
now wiether or not its a copy of a real gibson i couldnt tell you.

jesus, did you even look at the pictures, it said "Signature Series" on the headstock
Quote by goodbydresden
Guitars at Wal-Mart? I dont live in America but according to SouthPark WalMart is some kind of mulitpurpose super empire supermarket.

How could Gibson sell themselves like this

duddde its gibson we're talking about here
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Is it just me or does it have a maple neck

Anyways yeah with a pickup and tuner swap it maybe a awesome guitar.
They've been selling those at best buy for several years, they suck massive dick. Seriously, I've played one there before when I had nothing to do ( i actually set it up replaced strings etc. no joke!) it's worse than any squire ive played, and the frets are like razorblades?

How much was your bid for? And was shipping from beijing like 225 dollars?

Also, you can tell it's not a gibson because they all come in cases, not inside paperboard boxes!
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Quote by hamish5178
They've been selling those at best buy for several years, they suck massive dick. Seriously, I've played one there before when I had nothing to do ( i actually set it up replaced strings etc. no joke!) it's worse than any squire ive played, and the frets are like razorblades?

How much was your bid for? And was shipping from beijing like 225 dollars?

Also, you can tell it's not a gibson because they all come in cases, not inside paperboard boxes!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-LES-PAUL-SIGNATURE-SERIES-LP-NICE_W0QQitemZ260029572140QQihZ016QQcategoryZ38086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

is the auction

Quote by steven seagull
Well, see, I haven't been playing a long time, hence why I spend time with a knowledgeable userbase such as UG and try to ask questions when I need advice, and try to read and soak up as much knowledge as I can.