Quote by leavesandman
i hope your children get aids

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

Member Number 11 of Metallica Mensa
it does as well as the weakest link in your recording path. if you plug a $15 mic into it to mic your cab/acoustic/vocals, youll get the results of a $15 mic. if you use a nice mic to mic your cab/acoustic/vocals, you get a much better sound. there are way too many people who forget this.

but, that interface is pretty decent. definatly a good place to start when recording. it has 2 inputs so you can do things in stereo, or use some depth. many people that frequent the recording forum are happy with that interface. unless you arent going to do much recording, i would think you would be pretty satisfied with the device.
Yeah I meant for guitar not so much for vocals
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.

I just know you arnt supposed to pulg an amp into it... it will fry it
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

Quote by Zakk_Wylde001
Not to hijack or anything, but can this interface be used in conjunction with Cubase or similar program?

yes, i use toneport ux2 and cubase together
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

how well do the little virtual amp things work
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

The modelling on these things is always really digital.

Mic a real tube amp with a straight up interface.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
how would it sound for metal? or what other product would I want to buy to record good mp3s for a reasonable price
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

it's a great tool and as mentioned you can actually mic your amp if you want to get your regular tone.
how would I mic the amp? sorry im new to recording...
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

It's crap. The built in modelling sucks. I said it was digital before, but it just sounds nasty.
You can mic your amp with the same setup, but it's kinda stupid because you're paying for the modelling, and if you dont' use it, you're wasting cash.

Micing your amp is just sticking a mic in front of it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ahhh... I thought that could be it... but it sounded too easy.... what could I use to make good quality mp3s? under 500 dollars
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson

under $500? ill tell you what i would do. if you have a laptop, then use this and then a shure sm57. XLR cable might put you over $500, but you will get good quality. same with this, its just PCI so for desktop.

or for a cheaper card, this or this work well. then get a nice tube preamp (im sure you can find one if you look). or you can go none tube, but tube preamps sound warmer. then the rest of the money on a couple mics, starting agian with the shure sm57.

all of those are kinda expensive for just trying to get your guitar on your computer, BUT will make a great starting point if you want to do more recording in the future. of course none of this mentions software, but some of those things come with Cubase LE. good recording software is another important part, but you might have to skimp on that if you want to get the high quality cards for now.
that dosnt look bad thanks
Quote by leavesandman

Quote by richwatkinson