Howdy.

Ive ordered a Peavey 6505+ Head and Cab from the local music story and waiting for its arrival.
On my Ibanez RG1550 Prestige I just have the stanard pickups.

Im not too experienced with pickups and dont have any real knowledge of them. Which ones would suit me etc.

Im wondering if anyone can help out. Id be looking for 2 Humbuckers, At Neck and Bridge, and 1 Single Coil in the middle.

Id be trying to achieve a sound along the likes of Arch Enemy's sound, Maybe In Flames or Mercenary style.

That kind of heavy nice crunch. I was thinking the Dimarzio Air Norton in the Neck and Superdistortion DP100 in the bridge...

But thats just me and the first thing I found when searching for 'Advice Metal Pickups' on google.

I really havn't the slightest clue what to go for. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
Yeah I gave the pickup selector a bash, but thats a computer talking to me.
I was wondering if anyone with a bit of pickup usage experience had a little personal opinion, which they could suggest what worked best for them.

Failing that I guess I would go for what the pickup selector found for me. But if there are better Seymour Duncans etc. out there then id rather go for what other 'similiar' players our there preferred.

Thanks for the reply
Quote by azn_guitarist25
how much are you willing to spend?

As much as quality costs.

Costs arent really a thing on my mind. Thanks
^ www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

there are loads of boutique pickup companies, though I can't be bothered to list them all (too late). check out bareknuckle first though. wcr, wolfetone, high order, sd (not duncan) would also be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk

there are loads of boutique pickup companies, though I can't be bothered to list them all (too late). check out bareknuckle first though. wcr, wolfetone, high order, sd (not duncan) would also be worth a look.

I have the Cold Sweats and have played the Trilogy and Milk set.

Holy piss, goodbye EMG's........and they are passive! I mean WTF!?
^ aye, the cold sweats look nice- I wouldn't mind a set for a super strat...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Ive played em through a JCM 600, 800 and my 900.

Wow, also, they are good in alder bodies as well as mahog.

I saved £100 on mine thanks to that electonicBay