I think this is the right place, seen as though its bandleading and it isnt ment to be in the setlist thread because im asking for opinions on songs to do, not what order. So then-

Recently my drummer has been half hearted at practise and seemed like he's not really wanting to be there, so me, the lead singer/ rhythm guitarist and bassist are going to try doing an acoustic/light set without him. I've been thinking about songs we could try and I've asked them to think aswell, what we'll do is write as many as we can think of that are appropriate then decided together what we all like. This is what I've got

Everlong- Foo Fighters
Man Who Sold the world- Nirvana
Knocking on Heavens door - Bob Dylan
My Girl- Nirvana
Across The Universe- The beatles
Cats in the cradle- Harry Chapin/ GNR version
Patience- GNR
Outside- Staind
Redemption song- Bob Marely
Pinball Wizard- The Who
Behind Blue Eyes- The Who
Vermillion Part 2- Slipknot
Yesterday- The Beatles
Through the Glass- Stone Sour
Hurt- Johnny Cash

They are all in no partcular order, i will probably be asking about an order once we've chosen exactly what we're doing.

Baring in mind, we're all 14, going on 15 and we'll be wanting to do this at a concert at school sometime in the near future, aiming at the parents at the school to raise money for a charity and will probably get my friends band (a bit heavier, but I'll ask them to tone it down) to open.

So, we're 14/15 year olds, doing a light set, with a 2 guitars and a bass, but also the bassist could do piano on some songs and improvise/write his own part on ones with no bass, and the singer doesnt have to do guitar throughout. It will probably be aimed at 35-50 year olds, but some modern songs aswell and those are the songs I've already got to keep in mind ^

Any ideas?

Thanks
i would do:

1,pinball wizard
2,behind blue eyes
3,the johnny cash song about killing the guy in reno (what is it called btw??)
4,no one knows-queens of the stoneage (VERY catchy on acoutsic and will stay in their heads)
5,yesterday
6, knocking on heavens door

thas wot i wud do. a bit different from your list but id say its worth the extra effort.
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Quote by Tok
i would do:

3,the johnny cash song about killing the guy in reno (what is it called btw??)

Folsom Prison Blues
Quote by Lucid_Dreaming
Folsom Prison Blues

thanx. thats been bugging me 4 a while.
Member #29 of the Fender Armada. Pm Arlabester...
Co-Founder of the UG Hippie Club! PM me or Blynd_Snyper to join!

My Gear:
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Fender Blues Junior Amp
Korg Multi effects pedal
Peavey Millenium Bass
Peavey Bass Amp
Do these songs in this order: "Hurt," "Across The Universe" and "Redemption Song." "Redemption Song" is a great closer.
Do the acoustic version of Layla by Eric Clapton, it's a fun and catchy song and the parents will easily recognize it. There's a tab solely for the acoustic version on this site and you can get the video off youtube if you don't have any recordings of it.
tears in heaven eric clapton
she moves in her own way the kooks
iris goo goo dolls
whistle for the choir the fratelli's
just some of sum easy well known songs
Ben Carke
+1 on layla by clapton thats sure to win over a bunch of people if you play it well.
Over now - Alice in chains
Rivers of babylon - Sublime
Nutshell - Alice in chains
Here comes the sun - Beatles
The AIC songs are great for 2 guitars and 1 bass as they have some nice solos that are not very hard but sound pleasent and relaxing. Over now is a good song to end on lol.
Quote by WhiteLight
Try Uncle John's Band or Ripple both by The Grateful Dead.

Yea "Ripple" is a great tune to play. I Remember I was playing for a small group of people ages 35-60, and one guy kept asking me to play "Ripple."