I've been playing bass for a few months now but I'm looking to buy a five string bass. BUT I'm not sure of which type to get...

I want a 5 string bass that has a hard rock/metal tone but hopefully isn't uber expensive. Can anybody reccommend me a brand or a make?
I guess. I reccomend Shecter or music man.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Run around the city jacking off in random places... and when you cum, jump out at people and yell "SURPRISE!" Then walk away calmly as if nothing had happened. That's what I would do, anyway.

Quote by Unofficial
Jackusaureles, You're now my favorite UGer.
well i ve got a Ibanez BTB 205 and its sooooo nice. It has also active PU's, and it's around 350 bux
im a finger player

:quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTwoFoot
It's obvious that those songs were illegally downloaded, so Metallica wanted him to "ride the lightning," if you get my meaning.:quote:
Whats your pricerange and whats your style. Ibanez is probably the best brand to look into if its under 700.
If you want a cheap fiver definetely get an Ibanez SR205.
Are you ready for some hardcore man on Manatee action?
washburn T25.

that will keep you set for some time.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Schecter Stilettos are $600 to $700 and are a fine choice for a bass.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Spectors give a great rock/metal tone. The Legend 5 is $800, which might be a out fo your price range.

I own a Q5 Pro, which is pretty much the same thing. Great bass.

Besides that, I would definetly recommend Schecters.
i have an ibanez BTB 405 qm, it is incredible! one of the best you can probably get for under £500!
Look at an Ibanez Ergodyne. Be sure to get the Luthite body thing, because that body can take a heck of a beating. its like 750 USD though. But its got a good front end to the note and is built extremely tough.
Quote by Don't Read This
letthebassplay you are now a legend

Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Awesome is a feeling. It's in your pants.

RIP Bellamy...

Calvin and Hobbes Group!
my price range is about 300 quid tops. im not looking 4 a very special guitar... i just dont want one that sounds like i picked it out of the dump? u follow?
Get a cort
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I second the 405 or 505, depending on whether you like black or natural mahogany.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.