Okay so i recently found out that i need a truss rod adjustment...so i was planning on taking it in sometime...don't know when...since they said it doesn't hurt it to keep playing it...

so i always have used Super Slinky 9 gauge strings but i bought some Heavy Bottom Skinny Top Strings....their around a gauge higher...so i was wondering if iwould need to adjust my truss rod before i put them on??
or could i just put them on and see if it evens out the truss rod maybe?
and if not take it in then?
ahh...
help?
Thanks.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
Quote by SchecterGates
Okay so i recently found out that i need a truss rod adjustment...so i was planning on taking it in sometime...don't know when...since they said it doesn't hurt it to keep playing it...

so i always have used Super Slinky 9 gauge strings but i bought some Heavy Bottom Skinny Top Strings....their around a gauge higher...so i was wondering if iwould need to adjust my truss rod before i put them on??
or could i just put them on and see if it evens out the truss rod maybe?
and if not take it in then?
ahh...
help?
Thanks.

Its unlikly that it will work out that the strings will sort the need for a truss rod adjustment, it depends which way the neck needs adjusted (i.e concave or convex) and how much it need adjusted.
Quote by Prk Marshall
Its unlikly that it will work out that the strings will sort the need for a truss rod adjustment, it depends which way the neck needs adjusted (i.e concave or convex) and how much it need adjusted.

yeah but if i put the strings on it won't mess it up??
i just want to keep playing it until i get the time to take it in...
and ineed new strings on it.lol.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail

Really depends on how heavy a guage the new strings are and what happens to the neck when you put them on. But it is likley that a truss ross adjustment would be needed when you change guage (depeding on the condition of the neck and what happens).

So i wouldnt bother changing to a different guage just now, i would put on your regular guage and then take the guitar in and get it set up for the new guage in the shop.
Yeah that's what i was planning on doing...but i looked in my string box and i am out of my regular gauge...all i have left are these.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail