right i need a new tube head and i realy dont kno what to get i have 2 options get a chepper one so than i have mony left to buy a new cab or to by a good head and save more for a new cab my options are

cheeper ones:
ashdown falen angel dsp60
crate bluevoodoo 120
create bluevoodoo 150
peavey valve king

better ones:
peavey used 5150 or 5150II
peavey 6505
h and k trilogy

i play mostley metal and most kinds of rock

plesse tell me youre opinion on both cheeper and the more expensive ones
*peavey 6505s and 5150s are the same thing*

Definately go with the 6505 if you can. If youre on a budget then the Fallen Angel!
ys i kno thay are the same but a used 5150 will be cheeper than a used 6505 and if i was to buy the 6505 i would buy it new
I'm going to say the same as kurdtkobaign, 6150 and maybe the Ashdown Fallen Angel. Also, don't rule out a Marshall DSL/TSL.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
Cleans?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
5150 if cleans aren't an issue. then, later on, get some cheap fender head and a pedal to switch between heads for a clean sound
No..well depends, they dont really sound alike gain wise in my opinion, 6505 has a better gain versatility, while xxx has better cleans IMO
^IMO? 6505 DEFINATELLY has better gain while XXX CERTAINLY has better cleans...

unless you are deaf.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
5150II has less gain than the 5150...so i would definately say to get the 5150 because you might be able to get them used on ebay for cheaper than the new 6505s
Consider ENGL's if you are in the UK.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
^IMO? 6505 DEFINATELLY has better gain while XXX CERTAINLY has better cleans...

unless you are deaf.

A lot of people seemed to be aorund here
I agree. or comment on amps without trying them properly IMO.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i'd look into a marshall dsl head, to be honest. peavey are very dear here for what they are. engl, orange, laney, guys like that would be worth a look too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ what's your price range? There's a big difference between a Valve King and a Trilogy

If you're looking at Engl maybe a Thunder or a Screamer?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
if you can get up to the price of a trilogy, a screamer, thunder, fireball, blackmore, and powerball...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
FOR GODS SAKE TAKE SOME TIME TO SPELL AND PUNCTUATE!

PLEASE!

With that done, both XXX or 5150/6505 would be good choices.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
My god are you 12 years old?

Anyway why do you need a head/cab? Why can't you get a combo?

The amps you've listed are all completely different prices and styles, very confusing.

But for 400 pounds, and for what you've listed, the Laney GH-ti seems like a good option. I'm not from the UK so I'm unsure about a lot of these prices. If you want to save a make a good purchase though, Engl Blackmore will get it all done. I'm really having a tough time of thinking of things for you though.
-Mike
Quote by tiny0514
realisticley my budget is £400 max because i will need to buy cab aswell

i'd seriously consider the laney gh line of heads, then. i haven't tried that exact model, but judging by most of the other laneys I've tried, they're great value for what they are.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The TI is better at higher gain tones than the GH in a nutshell. They're both fine choices though.

I wasn't overly impressed by the VH100R though. I mean it's alright, but a little thin and buzzy (of course when I say that it's comparing it to other amps in that range, not the thin and buzzy-ness of an MT2).
-Mike
i am 15 and i have a spelling age of a 8 year old or something like that but i can spell when i wont to . so sorry to anyone who may find difficulty reading my poasts
^ don't worry about it, man, sometimes people can get a little pissy over nothing.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hi am am still looking for a hi gain head some one told me that randall g3's was good dose anyone know the pro's and cons of thease amps and allso dose anyone know whear i can hear sound clips
Quote by tiny0514
hi am am still looking for a hi gain head some one told me that randall g3's was good dose anyone know the pro's and cons of thease amps and allso dose anyone know whear i can hear sound clips

Everywhere. Even on the Carvin website, I didn't get a lot of time with a V3 EVER but reviews and oppinions are VERY mixed - I think it might be a good idea to try one out though. You said no rack right?
-Mike