Okay, so i recently bought my new fender about 1-1 1/2 months ago, and im pretty satisfied as far as covering that soundbase. I have what i need in the way of singlecoils, but still, it will probably never function as my main guitar

. So, what i'm looking to buying right now, is a gibson les paul. I was thinking of getting the gibson les paul standard limited edition if its still around next summer, as it will only increase in value as of day one(?).

Im still a little unsure though. Mainly because of this Q/C thing going on with gibson now, appearantly. I've played a few gibsons, and i can't see what the fuzz is about, honestly, as i've continously found my epiphone to be of better playability than the gibsons, although the sound leaves something to be desired. The thing is, that its built with this alder/mahogny combination, and i don't think i can ever get passed that. Don't get me wrong, the sound of my epiphone is great, its just that its not quite what im looking for.

So, unless i do go with the gibson, what should i try? Please don't suggest agiles, coz 1) i don't live in the US 2) I don't buy guitars based on others people's opinion until i've tried something myself.

But what company makes better LPs than gibson themselves? Even with their alleged decline, aren't they still the best? PRS singlecuts? I've considered it, but i really don't like their feel for some reason.

Any other ideas?
Well, just to be like everyone else, here's my rig:

Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
No, im not satisfied, thats the problem. I like the fender, and it covers the sound i wanted to use it for better than expected, but its still not a les paul, and my main guitar will always be a les paul, at least for the nonce :P So any suggestionS?

Apreaciate it.

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Buy a used per 99 gibson les paul standard. It will kick the **** out of most gibson custom shop guitars nowadays.
How much money have you got to spend?
Hamer USA Chapparal Custom, scalloped fretboard & Sustainiac
Hamer USA Chapparal Elite, Dragon Snakeskin finish
BC Rich USA Gunslinger
BC Rich USA Warlock
Boss GX700
3TM ADA MP1
Rocktron XPression
Mesa 50/50 Stereo Power Amp
Laney 4x12 Cab
Damn, Refgerto, I like your style, gear, taste in music avatar, too bad you're not a chick.

Ever think about swapping the pick-ups in your Epi to get the sound you're after? If you really like the way it plays, that just might do the trick.

Another consideration might be to get something that is "in-between" the guitats you now have, maybe a Tele or a semi-hollow body guitar.

Personally, I have seven of my own, four electric, all different in varying degrees from one another. Though I never can be sure what my next purchase might be, my dream rig is a Gibson ES-137 custom. I'd like to own a Gibson if for nor other reason, well, because it's a Gibson. But I'd make damn sure that for the money spent, it would be absolutely flawless.
ESP EC 1000-i woult take that over any Gibson in guita center by my house...
And they have allot of Gibsons and Epis..
I'll be sure to check out the ESP.

About those in-between guitars you mentioned, im looking for something to replace my epiphone, so i need something les paul like with a rich bass tone. Thats why i want a les paul, although i'd consider any mahogny body type really. But primarily, im after a les paul. What about custom jobs? Whats the pro's and cons of those?

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Washburn J28SDL

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Quote by Lost Hippie
Buy a used per 99 gibson les paul standard. It will kick the **** out of most gibson custom shop guitars nowadays.

Yea most Gibsons like pre 2001 are very good guitars, Ive played a 95 gibson standard and it was much, much better then the 2006 standard i tried at the music store.
"And you will never hear surf music again..."