Page 1 of 19
What type of guitar player annoys you the most?

I'll get it started... I'm living in a college town, and I can't stand the frat boy douchebag kind of dude who learns chords on acoustic to try to play Dave Matthews Band songs so he can get chicks. This kind of dude doesn't give a crap about guitar - he's only in it to try and impress the ladies. That **** drives me crazy.

A close second would be wanky trying to show off lead players.
I hate the one who thinks that he's cool by posting how pissed he is on an internet fourm, how about you guys?
Quote by jammwill
I'll get it started... I'm living in a college town, and I can't stand the frat boy douchebag kind of dude who learns chords on acoustic to try to play Dave Matthews Band songs so he can get chicks. This kind of dude doesn't give a crap about guitar - he's only in it to try and impress the ladies. That **** drives me crazy.

Seconded.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by Bob_Dylan108
I hate the one who thinks that he's cool by posting how pissed he is on an internet fourm, how about you guys?

Yea, me too.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
People who think that the songs you can play on guitar only consist of chords that you strum.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
lol of course there is the standard threadstarter haters too. arent there?
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Ha ha. But seriously, isn't there a type of guitar player that annoys you guys?
I hate the guys who are all about shredding and sweep picking etc... All that metalhead bull****.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Pop-Punk power chord kids and shredders.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
The arrogant lead guitarists who think that if a song doesn't have a solo, then it's not a good song and if the solo isn't how they want it then it's abysmal.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
The arrogant lead guitarists who think that if a song doesn't have a solo, then it's not a good song and if the solo isn't how they want it then it's abysmal.

Seconded, I hate it when people would rather show off with a solo than actually try to compliment the song.
I hate the people that don't have their own style. If you are a guitar player and a good one it's not that hard to come up with something original.
I would say when kids first start out they are most annoying because they think they are way better then they really are. I bet a lot of them seriously think they are an undiscovered guitar god, or a legend in their own mind if you will.
I cant stand the guitarists who constantly bash shred/fast guitarists and say they have no feeling/emotion or that its pointless guitar olympics that anyone can play. Its an attempt to justify the fact that they can only play the most basic E minor pentatonic licks and cant be arsed to advance further in any sort of direction.
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
I DISLIKE (see, not hate aren't I original and/or unique) Guitar players who seem's determined to ruin a perfectly good jam with a Double tapping solo played badly, S'long as it impresses the girl who just popped her head in to check what we were playing.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Shredders with no soul. They play fast and think that that makes people think they have big tools. ie Dragonforce. thats right. Dragonforce
i hate the guys who think there amazing cos they can shread it is cool but who cares loosers
ma gitar playin has effectud ma typin
the guys trying to show off in the guitar store. they turn it up so the whole place can here em and everybody just want them to shut the **** up. put on some head phones douche bag
Almost every lead player to be honest. Like, the ones that I know. All they do it try and show off and mess around when you're trying to be serious and practice. Drives me nuts.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Shred Freaks... plain and simple.....
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
Quote by Gutch220
I would say when kids first start out they are most annoying because they think they are way better then they really are. I bet a lot of them seriously think they are an undiscovered guitar god, or a legend in their own mind if you will.

not me. i always thought i sucked and i STILL think i suck. then again, i'll continue thinking that i suck until i can play at the level of Jimi Hendrix.
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
Quote by Stop Messin'
Pop-Punk power chord kids and shredders.

I Second that...
My Gear:
-1984 Fender Stratocaster
-Epiphone Les Paul <- The Worlds Nicest
-Gretsch Duo Jet
-Takamine EG334BC
-Mr.Crybaby Wah Pedal
-Marshall Jackhammer Distortion/Overdrive Pedal
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay Pedal
-Peavey Classic 50 4X10
The people who complain about other people playing guitar. Stop being so arrogant, he can play what he wants, and if you're better than him, or you care more, great . I'm sure he doesn't give a fuck.

IT'S A FUCKING HOBBY!

Get over it.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Guitarists that compare themselves to you, but have only been playing for 5 months.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
i agree with donkey punch. those bastards that have to crank it way up in the guitar store and arent even trying out an amp. when i try out an amp/guitar i bring my powerbrake so other people can hear themself thinking. there is no need for that
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
guys like michael angleo batio.

they play real fast, like for the show, so that u are like wtf hows he doin that..

but the music itself sucks sounds just like a kid who just bought his first guitar and "shreds" u know?
Quote by EmeraldXecution
what the fuck does an auction
have to do with a drum battle?

god I wish I could post the pear here.....

Quote by roarinflames

btw youre avatar is great
couldnt help but laugh

Quote by bearded_monkey
I couldn't read that...I'm to mesmerized by your avatar...(in the gayest way possible)
Quote by HorridxHopes
The guy that has played guitar for 3 months and tries to shred.

No.

isnt it a GOOD thing to want to be better than you are? thats the only way u can improve
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
The kind of player who think's he's great cause he can play lead so fast but couldn't put together an intelligent song or even progression.
Quote by fifthhorseman54
not me. i always thought i sucked and i STILL think i suck. then again, i'll continue thinking that i suck until i can play at the level of Jimi Hendrix.

Perfect state of mind. You are on the right track.
Quote by Bob_Dylan108

In any and every thread usually the second post is flaming the thread starter and post 3-5 are either flaming the thrad starter of the 2nd poster.

Anyone else notice that?

BTW bob dylan owns
Not a particular style, but a particular person. Back in school when I lived in the residence there were a bunch of guys that were really talented and liked to get together and jam. There was one more guy who thought he was god's gift to music. He played and accoustic with a pieso-electric pickup, he knew three chords and he ALWAYS came running when the others started to jam. He'd plug it in, crank it to full volume and drown out the others banging out his three chords - always without any rythm or pattern, just 1-2-3-4, 1-2-3-4, he never even tried to get the same tempo as everyone else. If anyone ever said anything he'd go on about hey they just don't understand music. Jesus! that tool pissed me off. ruinned every good jam session the entire year.
Quote by jammwill

A close second would be wanky trying to show off lead players.

What's wrong with learning DMB songs to score chicks? IMHO that's better than learning James Blunt or Green Day to score chicks . And don't tell me you never learned a song a guitar to impress someone else (preferably girls).
- When I was your age Pluto was still a Planet. - anonymous
Quote by Bob77tambourine
In any and every thread usually the second post is flaming the thread starter and post 3-5 are either flaming the thrad starter of the 2nd poster.

Anyone else notice that?

BTW bob dylan owns

Yeah, and are you saying that Bob Dylan the singer owns (very true), or me?
1. the ones who play 10 seconds of stairway to heaven really loud at guitar center
2. The ones that solo for 15 minutes at local shows... but the solos consist of bits of Crazy Train and eruption and don't make up anything(unless they're just scales up and down). It really makes it worse when the treble is too high so it's ear piercing.
Quote by Soma3009

I'm wearing my batman outfit to school tomorrow. Only problem is, the legs are spandex. So, my balls competely stand out. Is there ANY possible way around this?

Quote by futurejimmypage
like my band wants to have like kickass nick names. names like synyster gates etc.
People who think shredding/sweep picking is the pinaccle of guitar greatness. And people who've suddenly picked up a guitar because James Blunt has made it "cool".
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name.